Composite shot rendering question

System
System Posts: 21 Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: fade in composite.

Comments

• Randyrhoads3
    Randyrhoads3 Website User Posts: 46 Just Starting Out*

Question here. If you take a composite shot and drop it in the editor and edit. Do you then render this out to put back into the project you took the composite from? Basically I need to do a fade on a composite from another project and opacity is not an option so I cannot key frame. So I need to drop this into the editor to make the fade happen. Just alil confused on what you do next to get it back into project. : ) Thanks everyone!! DR

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

@Randyrhoads3 Even though your question was related to the former thread, it's best not to add to three-year-old threads, and your question is unique enough that it really should be on its own, which is why I split this off into its own thread.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

@Randyrhoads3 Composite shots on the Editor timeline do have an Opacity property. You shouldn't need to import a composite shot from one project to another just to do a fade. Could you please share more specific details about the composite shot you made and what you want to do with it?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,558 Ambassador

In the Import menu, click the triangle next to the Import button, select "Import Composite Shot" and select the project you want to import a Comp from. Select the Comp you want to import to the new Project. Now you can add it to your Editor Timeline.

As @CleverTagline says Composite Shots on an Editor Timeline do have a keyframable Opacity property. Or, you've got the transitions available.

Or, you can always render the Comp and re-import. Either way will work.