CamTrackAR 2.0 not importing to AE

jlangman
jlangman Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

I’m not having any luck with importing the script. Anyone else able to make it work?

Thanks.

Jim

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,799 Ambassador

Have you upgraded to the paid version? Free version only exports to Hitfilm and Blender.

I have to ask.

• jlangman
  • jlangman

So I am guessing I am the only one with this. Can others tell me how they get it to work?

• NickDevTeam
    NickDevTeam Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 54 Staff

Hi @jlangman ,

Sorry you've encountered issues with AE import. I've just tested with the latest AE here and it seems to be working so hopefully we can get you up and running.

The Script needs to be Run, rather than Imported .

File -> Scripts -> Run Script File...

Can you confirm you're going through that route, rather than File -> Import? It needs to actually Run the script to set up the Composition correctly and import the footage.

• jlangman

Hi Nick, Thanks for checking in. Yes I was running the script. I tried it a few times. Anyway, I just did another test scene and it worked! Maybe something was up with my first test… I’ll continue to test and make sure its working as expected before I use it on a project.

Thanks,

Jim

• karoyg
    karoyg Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Hi!

I just purchased the CamTrackAr paid version, but when I tried to import my recordings to AE, I got this error message.

I followed the same way to File -> Scripts -> Run Script File.

I have the newest version of AE and the CC 2019 version too. Both of them have a problem with the script.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Karoy

• NickDevTeam
    NickDevTeam Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 54 Staff

Hi @karoyg , could you please create a "Techincal Support" ticket at:

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

I think we need to take a look at your script (because it's generated by CamTrackAR and I think it may indicate a recording that wasn't successful). We are aware of a couple of issues that have been resolved pending a new update.

Is this happening with every recording?

• karoyg
    Hi Nick! I did a second recording, that was running fine!
  • NickDevTeam

Hi @karoyg ,

Just looking at the error you got in the script, I believe this is what we have called the "0 keyframes" issue (your clip was 0 seconds long).

For some reasons, sometimes the phone reports that it's not tracking properly, and there was a possibility that the recording could start in this mode, and we don't get any camera tracking keyframes recorded.

We've fixed this in our internal build, which is just going through QA at the moment and we hope to release soon so this won't happen again in future!

Glad to hear your latest recording was fine.

• karoyg
    Hi, @NickDevTeam Thank you so much to get back to me, that's good news!

I truly appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Karoy
  • Mattlot
    Mattlot Website User Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*
    edited August 29

Hello

I just did some tests with the app and got the same error message

So it means that everything I recorded is unusable in AE ?

EDIT : Actually I checked inside HitFilm and Blender. Nothing was recorded datawise, except the video. No warning, no error message while using the app. I just wasted a whole afternoon with a paid actor. Nice.