[ENHANCEMENT] REMOVE "Do Not Show Again" checkboxe from "...change Editor Sequence" warning

Triem23
Triem23 ModeratorModerator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,836 Ambassador

When dropping initial media cips on an Editor Timeline, the "Do you want to change the Editor Sequence to match the clip" dialog appears by default. There is a checkbox at the bottom for "do not show again."

I suggest removing this checkbox. In April, 2021 we've had four different user questions regarding questions with file size and the Editor Timeline. Three of those it's been confirmed that the user had checked "Do Not Show Again" without understanding they were selecting default behavior for the Editor Timeline (the fourth hasn't responded in their thread yet).

I propose removing the "Do Not Show Again" checkbox from this dialog. The option to disable the warning absolutly SHOULD remain in the Options>Prompts and Warnings Menu.

The goal here is to remove an area where a new user might cause confusion for themself by dismissing a dialog they haven't read. By forcing the user to move into tho Options Menu to disable the dialog, it forces the user to think about what they are doing to set the default behavior. Perhaps the Options Menu should also add a default behavoir toggle/dropdown to "scale Editor to first added clip" or "leave Editor at Project Settings."

Comments below have been shifted from a Community Support thread so it's not hijacked.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,965 Staff

@Triem23 the issue with removing the do not show again box is whilst it may benefit some users, others will complain they have to keep clicking it, and it will also impact the more efficient users. There is a tricky line to tread here to make sure the controls benefit both types of user, and it's something we are considering.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,836 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris ah, but leaving the option in the Options menu still leaves the option!

I'll make this a Feature Request so other users can opine without totally hijacking this thread. 👍

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,965 Staff

@Triem23 I understand what you mean now, that makes sense, good idea.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,836 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris Ok, I moved our discussion on this from the original thread to this feature request thread. Hijacking undone! Heh.