Interface sizing

alistairshaw
alistairshaw Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*
Hi,
New to Hitfilm Express and editing. Is there any way to change the size of tracks in editor frame? I'm using an hd 15.6" display at 1920x1080. The video tracks are tiny and my eyesight isn't fantastic. Earlier today I was experimenting with transition wipes on a very short video. It was almost impossible to see the transition effect box or fine tune its duration by eyesight.
Any hints or tips would be very gratefully received!

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,800 Ambassador

In the Editor Timeline to the right of the work "Tracks" is a "Hamburger" Menu (Three horizontal lines). Click this and you can change the track size from Medium to Large.

From the File Menu, top left you can go into the Options menu and change default height to Large.

• alistairshaw
    alistairshaw Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*
    > @Triem23 said:
    > In the Editor Timeline to the right of the work "Tracks" is a "Hamburger" Menu (Three horizontal lines). Click this and you can change the track size from Medium to Large.
    > From the File Menu, top left you can go into the Options menu and change default height to Large.

Thanks, I've tried that and it helped a bit but I can still barely see the transition. It seems to default to being 1 second long. Is there keyboard shortcuts to manipulate it? Something like being able to zoom in with a + or - key, like photoshop does when you want to check fine details?
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,261 Ambassador

@alistairshaw An easy way to zoom in and out on the timeline is to hold down Ctl while moving the scroll wheel on your mouse. Note that the zoom is centered on where the the scrub marker is placed. Or you can drag the little white dot at the bottom of the layer stack to change to zoom. But I find using the scroll wheel faster.