No sound in preview or export?

mokeisjames
mokeisjames Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
edited April 21 in General
Hi. I was happily editing in Hitfilm Express, no issues, when my sound completely went. Every other program on my Windows 10 Computer worked, no issues. I tried changing the output along with restarting hitfilm express, no luck. I shall add, the trimmer worked fine. The audio meters too.

Things I've tried:
-Exporting the video
I did try exporting the video to see whether it was a hitfilm related issue, or just one of the files.
I didn't have any sound in the export, sadly.

-Update Hitfilm Express
I'm already on the latest version (16.1.11108.7206).

Things I'll do now, yet to do:
-Restart my main machine
Huge inconvenience, despite having an SSD and it taking seconds, hitfilm should NOT be doing this.

-Resinstall Hitfilm Express
Ok, no thanks. If this is what I have to do I must say goodbye to Hitfilm.

Also, before anyone says its a computer related issue, here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16.0 GB RAM

So, not a low-spec machine.

Thanks!

EDIT:
I've restarted my computer, no luck.

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,101 Ambassador

@mokeisjames Does it matter which audio layer you have your audio track on. Audio 1, 2, 3, etc? I have experienced issues with Audio 3 before (but I am on Pro). Moving the audio to a different track might clear it up.

Also, you should make sure your audio drivers are updated (I know that's an obvious thing). But always good to keep all drivers updated. Speaking of that which GPU do you have?

If all else fails you should contact support and put in a ticket. https://fxhome.com/support

• mokeisjames
    Hello, @Stargazer54. Sorry I didn't reply, kinda forgot about this post!
    I am using an Nvidia Geforce 1650 Super GPU - If that matters. I'm using both audio track 1 and 2 (1 for the game audio and 2 for extra music).
  • tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,721 Moderator

@mokeisjames If you are still having this issue, you might double check the Master Volume track to make sure it hasn't accidentally been bumped down. This will lower the volume or shut it off on all tracks at once. The white line can be easy to snag and drag.

• mokeisjames

@tddavis Thanks for the reply, however that didn't seem to work.. I'll stick to using another software (for now) till I can fix this.

• mokeisjames

woah... All of a sudden seemed to work? thanks @tddavis

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,721 Moderator

👍Glad to hear it.