Track multiple emitters at the same time

homerle
homerle Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out
My problem: I would like to apply different effects to a circle that comes out of the depth 
of the room (i.e. has to be tracked). I could track a point on the circle at 12 o'clock and 
provide it with a corresponding emitter. Then at 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock ... etc.
Since that is an endless amount of work, I wanted to ask if anyone knew a way to do this 
in one go? A hint for a tutorial, or a keyword with which Google finds what it is looking
for, is enough for me.

If that's too abstract for you, here's the reality: I want to put small flames on the edge of the
glass on the headlights of a car that drives towards me. I've been looking for a sensible solution
for days, but I always end up with explanations on how to track a single point and animate it with
an emitter. However, I want to see the entire headlight on the transition from the glass to the
car sheet in flames.

Vegas Pro 18, Boris FX, Vegas Effects, Particle Illusions Continuum, Mocha

Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3.79 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, Nvidea Geforce RTX 3080

I am extremely grateful for every tip

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

Do a single 2-point track. This will generate position and scale data. Apply this track to a point. I'd line this point up to the center of the circle.

Create new points for the edges and position where needed. Parent all edge points to the center point. Add emitters to each point. A particle layer can have as many emitters as you want, so just adjust one emitter until you're happy, then duplicate the emitter, re attach the duplicates to the desired points and change SEED values for each emitter for variety.

I have another idea, but it requires testing.

• homerle
    Thank you very much, Triem23. That's a good idea. At the latest on the weekend I will try it. I've tested so much and nothing has worked. You have another idea? Do you tell me? Thank you again. I am very happy... I will report if it worked
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,362 Ambassador

The other idea is a circle emitter parented to the tracked point set to "Boundary," so particles only appear on the edge. I haven't tried it yet and I don't think the particle emitter scales with the point. If it does, that's the way to go for a circle.

If you really need the clock points you'll need the point rig for precise control.

• homerle
    I'm desperate. I wanted to create your single 2-point track. I don't know what I've changed. Tracking works correctly in Mocha. In Vegas Pro, I even see the motion path i´ve created in Mocha. But if I add an effect from Particle Illusion, Vegas doesn't take the movement from the tracking. It acts like I haven't done any tracking with Mocha. Could Mocha and Vegas Pro not work properly together? You are my last hope :-)
  • Triem23

Apologies, I didn't quite read your entire initial post. Didn't pay attention to this being a Vegas/Mocha/Particle Illusion jam. I was thinking pure Hitfilm/Vegas Effects.

This video should help.

• homerle
    This is my mistake. I described my problem poorly. I know the video. I worked through it step by step. In the video it works as it should. The last step fails on my computer. The tracking data is taken over in Vegas pro. However, inserted emitters from Particle Illusion ignore the motion path. Do you have another idea?