How do I COMPLETELY uninstall Hitfilm?

S0Nyy
S0Nyy Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

After updating to Hitfilm 16 and having issues with it, I decided to go back to Hitfilm 14. And now it can't load any media without crashing with the 'Don't Send' error. It seems to be loading some settings from the 16 version which obviously doesn't exist in the 14 version. So how do I COMPLETELY remove Hitfilm and do a fresh install?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• spyresca
    spyresca Posts: 213 Enthusiast
    edited April 9 Accepted Answer

Sometimes (ok, often!) windows uninstaller does a terrible job, leaving registry entries, local profile information related to previous install, etc.

I generally use the (free) Revo uninstaller which removes windows apps in a two step process (First uses built in uninstaller, then gives options to remove the bits the regular uninstaller ---almost always--- misses.).

Free version works great.

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,446 Ambassador

Directly from the Interwebs - "In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results. Select Programs > Programs and Features, Uninstall Program. Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.

• S0Nyy
    S0Nyy Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Thanks for the Revo suggestion! Hitfilm 14.3 is now perfectly working for my pc.

Although there's still that annoying occassionally-unresponsive right-click...

• spyresca
    spyresca Posts: 213 Enthusiast

You're welcome, the built in windows uninstaller is criminally poor. Revo works great and another fine (and also free) option is the Geek Uninstaller: https://geekuninstaller.com/