Zack Snyder's Justice League

premiere_studios
premiere_studios Website User Posts: 115 Enthusiast

What did you like about it? What didn't you like? Was there any part of the "Josstice League" you liked better?

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

Josstice League was a horrible mishmash (at the studios demands) but it had more banter and such like the Avengers, which I also surmise is what the studio heads wanted. There's no way to cut a 4 hour monstrosity into a 2 hour slot like the studio demanded and yes a lot was cut and scenes had to be added to carry some semblance of a story but it was doomed from the start. The Snyder cut was dark, gritty and totally not what DC Comics is supposed to be. I hate...absolutely HATE...Synder's direction choices. The only comic film it works for is his Watchmen because that is what the source was like. The Snyder cut and the Justice League would have been better served by making it into a Part 1 and Part 2, each a tad over 2 hours long and being structured for an "Empire Strikes Back" non ending at the end of Part 1. That way, you'd have all the room for the endless backstories that really added very little to the story over all as evidenced by the Josstice League cut. There was a story still there, and the peril of the Russian family added to the crisis of the end in easy to understand terms that was totally absent in Snyder's magnum opus. Safe to say, I hate both for very different reasons but I hate more that DC needs new studio suits that stay the hell out of creative decisions and stick to pushing pencils.

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Website User Posts: 561 Enthusiast

@tddavis Please don't hold back, tell us what you REALLY think! :-)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

🤭 Sorry, I get carried away.

• georgefilmltd
    georgefilmltd Website User Posts: 481 Enthusiast

3 words -

Speed

of

Force