Problems importing .wav files.

Star DisplaysStar Displays Website User Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in Post-production techniques

I have purchased HitFilm Ultimate 2 and i am having difficulty importing some wav files that i downloaded. when i click on media properties, it shows the file name and location. underneath this it says that the file could not be imported. what could be the issue? any help is greatly apprieciated.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.  Can you give us some additional details of the format used by the .wav files?  What sort of compression do they use, what is their sample rate and bit depth?  You may also want to contact Support, and get them a link to one of the files so they can examine it.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Some information on where the files are stored would also be useful - it could be they're in a location that HitFilm can't access, for some reason.

As Axel says, you might also want to contact our support team, which you can do by clicking here.

• Star DisplaysStar Displays Website User Posts: 4
    edited September 2014

all of my files are stored on a server. i do not have any problem importing and loading any of the wav files that came with my software. i created a folder in the same file that the software is stored in and that is where i saved the wav file.

this is all of the details my computer gives.

length: 00:00:01

bit rate: 2822 kbps

size: 589 kb

here are the details from the website i downloaded it from.

Type: Wave (.wav)
    Duration: 00:01:711
    Filesize: 589.6 KB
    Samplerate: 44100.0 Hz
    Bitdepth: 32 bit
    Channels: Stereo

here is a direct link to the page.

http://www.freesound.org/people/Benboncan/sounds/77074/

thank you all for all your continued assistance!!!

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

I've not used Wavosaur before - have always stuck with Audacity. Given that Wavosaur definitely has the best name of any audio editor, I'll have to give it a whirl.

edited September 2014

thank you all however my antivirus software says wavosaur has loads of spyware but i am going to try audacity. im still just a beginner how in audacity would change the bitdepth so that it would work in hitfilm? thank you all for your help!!!

nevermind i found it. clicking on the file name and set file format was the answer! thanks guys!