Mocha mesh warp

markluckey
markluckey Posts: 32 Just Starting Out*
edited March 2021 in Post-production techniques

I saw this great tutorial about the new version of mocha pro and I was just getting ready to upgrade until I try to follow the tutorial. Of course the tutorial is created in after effects. I can follow it until they get to the point where they close mocha and go into after effects at that point I'm lost because it's a different workflow can anybody tell me what I can do to accomplish this effect in hitfilm once I close mocha? If you fast forward the video to 4:36, you will see where they leave the mocha interface.

Maybe someone can tell me what to do next, in order to composite a png graphic onto someone's for head.

Is there a tutorial that already exits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2KX-82ityA

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,160 Expert

@markluckey In this tutorial by Film Riot they reference using the new mesh tracker. This is not available in the HitFilm version of Mocha.

Here is a screencap from the tutorial...

and here is a screencap from HitFilm's Mocha Tracker...

Mesh tracking is not available in HitFilm Mocha.

• markluckey
    edited March 2021

@FilmSensei Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of upgrading to mocha pro, I downloaded a trial version of mocha 2021 and mesh warp seems to be there, so if I upgrade to Mocha pro (I already have HF Pro), do you think I can accomplish the final effect in hitfilm?

I could follow the video until he got to 4:38, after that everything was so after effects specific I couldn't translate it to hitfilm. That's one of the hard things about mocha hitfilm, there are so many more AE tutorials out there and I always get lost at the point when they leave the mocha interface and go back into AE 😫. Anyway, let me know if you think it's possible to accomplish the final part of the tutorial (starting at 4:38,) in HF pro, if I upgrade to Mocha pro. Thanks for your help! 😉 @AxelWilkinson

• markluckey
    edited March 2021

OK, I found a tutorial using hitfilm in stead of AE. It's not in English but the info is there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMbSux6Bzg0

The only other question I have is for anyone who has mocha pro...if I pay for mocha pro and don't renew at the end of the first year does Mocha stop working or does that mean I simply stop getting updates?

@AxelWilkinson

@FilmSensei,

@Triem23 

• Gelqone
    Gelqone PolandPosts: 157 Enthusiast
    edited March 2021

Don't worry, if you won't renew you will have Mocha Pro lifetime, you just won't get newest upgrades. Tested on myself :)

(Didn't test Mesh tracking yet)

• markluckey

@Gelqone, I just want to double check something with You. When you upgrade it to mocha pro did you just buy the upgrade of $295 or did you pay for the $695 version. The reason I ask is someone told me that if I just pay for the upgrade for $295 that will end after the 1st year and in order to keep using it I'd have to pay $295 next year also but if I pay for the $695 version it would not stop working after a year. Please help me out with this.

• Gelqone
    Gelqone PolandPosts: 157 Enthusiast
    edited March 2021

I upgraded to perpetual OFX version, not annual. I think you should ask BorisFX about upgrade options to get cleared