How to create the dreamy/70s sparkles effects on Hitfilm Express ?

dripgoku
dripgoku Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi !

I recently started to create videos on Hitfilm Express and I absolutly love it ! However, I cannot find anything to create the 70s/80s glowing effect (or I just don't know how to search), so I was looking for tutorials but I haven't found anything for Hitfilm. For those who are wondering what kind of effect I'm talking about, here is a tutorial on Premiere Pro :

This is the effect i want, but I can't find the directional effect so I don't know how to do it.

Is there any way to make this effect without any add-on ? I will appreciate any answer.

Best Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,285 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

Use "Angle Blur." Same as Directional Blur.

Otherwise the steps are absolutely the same as the tutorial.

• dripgoku
    dripgoku Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
    Accepted Answer

Hello !

I wasn't expecting a quick reply like this ! And I didn't know that angle blur was the same as directionnal so thanks for the help.

And yes this did answer the question, thank you.

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,285 Ambassador

Asking is how we learn!

After Effects and Hitfilm have many effects in common, or near-equivalent, but they also both have hundreds of filters and that's a lot to cross reference.

Glad to help. 👍