Audio Problems

Hey there community!
This could possibly be a really stupid question but I'm asking nonetheless because I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. Here is the issue... I have 4 video clips that all run perfectly well but have no working audio. Except for one. After a quick comparison the only difference I found was that the working one had 16 bit stereo audio and the others only 16 bit... that's about as far as I've gotten... Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :) 

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Hi, Jan. I can only think of one thing right now.

Click on the project tab, in HF,  and under the audio properties you can change the sample rate. I've only had one instance of audio problems and it cleared up when I looked at the properties of the clip. Go to your original clip file, right click and select properties. Select the details tab and look at the audio portion. If you see something like 48 kHz for the sample rate, set the audio properties in HF to 48000 Hz (the k is for thousand in kHz thus the 000).

And just to make sure- in your HF project make sure the file's audio is at 0.0 dB. If you go below 0.0 the audio gets softer and above is louder. -60.0 dB mutes the audio altogether.

Hope this helps.

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Hmmmm, must have missed the other thread. Okay. I'll just mosey on down the road then.