Green screen - keeping blur

CWfilm
CWfilm Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Got myself a green screen and have been trying things, I may be asking too much for the basic systems, is there anyway of keying out the subject but also keeping motion blur when using Hue/RGB or Colour Difference Key?

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,683 Moderator

@CWfilm I may be totally off base here but I think the motion blur on the subject will still be there (like facial feature, body features, etc.), but if you are referring to a blur on the edges where it meets the transparency something like Light wrap might take the new background source and blend/blur it with the edges of the keyed layer, I'm not 100 % on that though. Hope that helps.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,285 Ambassador

When shooting for greenscreen it's usually better to shoot with a high frame rate to avoid blur (then add it back with a motion blur effect. You'll kinda be able to mostly retain some blur and not have it look too terrible, but it's a multi step process. I have a meeting in ten minutes so I'll have to come back to this later. In concept you'll be generating a secondary key/matte which you'll be filling with color close to what's blurring to hide the green bleed.