Export gets weirdly blurry

squirreljasmin
squirreljasmin Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*

So I am trying to focus something in my video, but the exported video keeps blurring everything slightly (and also converting the resolution to a lower quality then the editor window). I am using the youtube 1080 preset.

Screenshots:

1. Rendered Video
  2. Editor
  3. Editor
  4. Rendered Video

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,818 Staff

First, I edited your post as the order you were saying was wrong and confused me for a second, hope that's ok.

Secondly, you're saying that it's converting to a different resolution? That sounds like it could be part of the issue, what are the dimensions of your project?

• squirreljasmin
    edited March 9

oh, my bad, sorry. Yeah you corrected it, to what I meant to say,t hank you.

1920x1080. I mean, it does not really "render them in a different resolution", but the editor image is way more sharper/feels like it has more pixels.

1. Project Settings
    2. Export Settings

I also tried it with 150.000Mbps Target & Max. Bitrate.

Maybe it's because I changed the Projects Sample Rate from 92000 Hz (or smth) to 48000 Hz during editing. So maybe that causes it, but I am not sure. Both Composit shot settings:

• squirreljasmin

I think I found the solution (my project had 32x Anti Aliasing). I removed that and now it just... works

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,285 Ambassador

Yeah, leave the MSSA at 4x.

Even that can introduce a bit of softening.