HitFilm Express - had the demo, bought the full version - why still a watermark and beeping?

jamesloftus
jamesloftus Posts: 3 Just Starting Out
edited February 2021 in HitFilm

Yup. Bought the full version and STILL getting watermark and beeping in the export video. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I swear every step I take forward with this program it sets me back two steps. Anyway, if you can help, I thank you

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,202 Expert

@jamesloftus Some times Hitfilm doesn't complete the registration process until you restart the program and/or your system. Its kind of finicky sometimes.

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 655 Enthusiast
    edited February 2021

@jamesloftus

Just to be clear, are you saying you bought HitFilm PRO? not HitFilm Express with some add-ons. You stated HitFilm EXPRESS, in your topic heading. I was a little confused, so just asking.

Thanks.

The PRO version will beep if not registered completely as @tddavis said.

EDIT: I see you answered this in another post. Glad to see it worked for you.

• jamesloftus

I bought this. I was assuming it was a version without a watermark.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,202 Expert

@jamesloftus Yes, it should have no watermark when installed and activated. If you are seeing the word Activate in the upper right corner of the screen then it hasn't completed the process for some reason. Have you restarted the computer like I mentioned above? Usually that's all that is needed, but I also want to ask if you uninstalled the Demo and then installed the version you downloaded of Hitfilm Express? If restarting doesn't activate it properly you might want to contact official tech support who are on GMT time so they should be in the office10 to 12 hours from my typing this message. You can use this link to have a ticket waiting for them: https://fxhome.com/support

We Mods are just Users and have no access to account info to see what may be going on with your activation but they will. Hope this helps.

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 655 Enthusiast

@jamesloftus @tddavis

Yes, I see you do not have HitFilm PRO, but Express with add-ons. (NOTE: Express is FREE, you only pay for add-ons.)

It is possible that you have used additional add-ons in your project that are not included in the bundle of add-ons you purchased. There are many more add-ons than those in your post above, and you may have used one or more and been unaware that it was not included in your purchase. Look through your project effects details and make sure the "Add-on" tag is not attached.

Hope this helps.

• jamesloftus

It's all good. Yeah, I needed to click the upper right corner to activate and re-start my Mac. Thank you, gentlemen.