HitFilm Express - Audio is heard in trimmer but not heard in editor... help?

jamesloftus
jamesloftus Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

This makes no sense to me. I have an audio clip, it's a wav file. I imported it. When the audio is played in the trimmer window, it can be heard — but when playing in the editor window it can NOT be heard — even though the level meters are clearly moving up and down, showing signal. It's like a mute button is on or something, making me crazy. Anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Website User Posts: 3,114 Ambassador

Maybe it is muted?

Click on either of these icons to be sure.

• jamesloftus

Thanks for the reply. No, mute is not on at either place. Maybe I need to buy the full version of this software? I don't know what else to do. Makes me so frustrated because I love this software other than the audio issue I'm having.

• FilmSensei

@jamesloftus That is VERY strange. I am thinking it has got to be the audio file itself. Can you play other sound files in the Viewer Window?

• jamesloftus

Yes. Every audio file whether it is an mp3, wav, etc plays in the trimmer window, I can hear it perfectly. But the clip - when it's in the editor - it "plays," you can see the meters moving up and down, but it is not heard. I made sure no mute was on, I even tried things like checking "solo" - nothing works. I want to buy the full version, I just came online again to do that but I'm not sure even THAT is going to change anything. Is there a way to post a short video clip - or send you an email - to show you what my screen is looking like etc? Thank you

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,338 Ambassador

@jamesloftus From the image above it looks like your Master Volume is bottomed out. Raise it back up to 0 db.

• FilmSensei

@Stargazer54 Yep... I didn't notice that the first time I looked at it, but you are correct!

• jamesloftus

Bought the full version.

You guys rock!!!!! It worked! Did not know about the tiny round slider knob in the mixer for raising/lowering the level. Thank you.