Problem importing HFPR (Hitfilm Effects Preset) files in HF16

tijeni
tijeni Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
edited March 2021 in HitFilm

URGENT

Can anyone please help me?

I've downloaded free transitions (hfpr) but when I drag them to the timeline it shows a 'prohibitory' sign.

I've tried it on both Hitfilm Express (latest version) and Pro (demo).

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Staff

How are you importing these presets? Via the effects panel? Where are you trying to drag them?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,689 Ambassador

@tijeni HFPR files are Hitfilm Preset files and are not dragged to the Timeline or imported as media.

In the Effects Panel scroll down to the bottom of the effects list where you'll see some folders saying things like 2D presets and 3D presets. I would suggest right clicking in the Effects panel and create a new folder - maybe "Imported Presets." Right click your imported presets folder select "Load Presets" and select the HFPR file. The imported preset will appear in that folder in the Effects Panel.

If you've found HFPI (hfpi) files, those are from a non-official preset importer created by a user for Hitfilm v1. Hfpi files will not work with current versions of Hitfilm.

• TheBenNorris

@Triem23 minor correction, but you can no longer create folders within the effects panel directly. The preset hierarchy is just a mirror of the actual file hierarchy on desk, and since it seemed it was unused by users and would have been a lot of work to create a working file system in the effects panel, we went for simplicity in the effects panel redesign and opted for keeping the management on the actual file side instead.

User imported presets should default to a folder in My Documents on Windows.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,114 Expert

@Triem23 @TheBenNorris @tijeni

Here is a short, three minute video that I made on how to manage the presets in HitFilm...

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,689 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris right! Thanks for the reminder. That change happened in Hitfilm 15, right?

It's one of those things I overlooked cuz I'd created the trees for my custom presets waaaay back in HF2 and have copied my presets from computer to computer ever since. I do try to live by my own advice of "build once, reuse forever."

• TheBenNorris

@FilmSensei brilliant video! Thanks for always making tutorials like this, covering not just the big things but some of the smaller changes and features that might be missed as well, I'm sure the users all really appreciate it!