Blocking out faces

mimikneeshaw
mimikneeshaw Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I have a video clip with multiple people in it and i need to cut out or block all of the faces but 1 whats the best method to do this?

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,716 Moderator

@mimikneeshaw If the Witness Protection effect is available to you, I think that would most likely be the easiest method. There is a feature in 16 (not sure if it's Pro only or not) that lets you paste things like emojis of faces but I have not had any use of it yet; just something I scanned over in the features. Hope that helps.

• Batvink
    Batvink Website User Posts: 66 Just Starting Out*

Witness protection doesn't let you apply another image over the top, but it does allow pixelating and blurring, with the usual array of flexibility.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,716 Moderator

@Batvink Yes, the witness protection was one effect I mentioned but the other was separate and that image I was thinking of where someone's face had been replaced by an emoji might have been related to CamtrackAR and not HF 16. And now I can't run it down to save my life. Sorry for my confusion.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,871 Ambassador

As long as you track the face (which could be more difficult than you think), you can parent whatever you want to the tracking point. If you have trouble tracking a face, then tracking a person's collar, etc... may work better. Regardless, The easy part would be adding the next effect. That could include but not be limited to using the Witness Protection Effect, putting a Solid Colored Plane over it, putting a Blurred Circle on it (using the Set Matte Effect along with a Masked Plane as the Matte), or putting an image over the face.

• mimikneeshaw
    mimikneeshaw Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out