Moving between composite shot and editor (which has audio)

aymanzone
aymanzone Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
edited March 2021 in HitFilm

Hi,

I have a lot of composite shots where I move things around according to a spoken word. I found myself moving back and forth between composite shot and Editor (which as the audio) to get things right. My composite shot is placed in the editor and it would be nice to have an option to hear and see everything from within the composite shot so when I do my editing I don't have to move back and forth. Perhaps there is a way to do this that I am missing? Thanks

Comments

• Piercepage
    Piercepage Posts: 10 Just Starting Out*

Have you tried adding the audio file to the comp shot? Once the media is in the comp, right click it, go to the "Options" drop down and select "Show Waveform" to make it easier to line up.

• aymanzone
    aymanzone Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

hi @Piercepage , you can only line up your audio successfully if your composite shot is at the beginning of the track. Perhaps my work method is not the correct way to do things but it would have been nice if I could choose to see all the layers interacting from my composite shot so I don't have to go back and forth

• Piercepage
    Piercepage Posts: 10 Just Starting Out*

I'm sorry, I'm confused with what you mean. Could you screen shot/record what you are trying to do? It may help me figure out a way to help.