Imported video has no audio when the video does

fxhomer204733
fxhomer204733 Posts: 1
edited February 2021 in HitFilm

Hello! I have a video that does have audio, I watched the entire thing through a media player. However when I import it into hitfilm express, no audio plays midway through. I've deleted it, reimported it, restarted the software but it still refuses to play audio midway through the video. Any help would be nice thanks

The video is mp4 format

Edit: deleted everything in the media cache and now my videos have an error about audio compression. Welp there goes 6+ hours of editing down the drain.

Here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/FNTbIeV

Tagged:

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,039 Staff

Please provide your system specs, ensure your drivers are updated and ideally provide a MediaInfo text/tree breakdown of the footage causing issues. it may be that transcoding the footage is recommended, and is worth trying to see if it solves the problem.

Knowing the source of the footage may help as well.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,241 Ambassador

To build off @TheBenNorris, if it's determined you should transcode your footage, here's the quick way to fix your edit.

Right click the original file in the Media Bin and select "Relink." Use File Explorer to locate the transcoded video.

This swaps the two media files in the project. Potential transcodes are for audio, so the file durations should match up, therefore the new file should fit perfectly in your Timeline so you won't have to re-edit.