HitFilmExpress.exe - Entry Point Not Found

FelixEmmerson
FelixEmmerson Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*
edited February 6 in HitFilm

If I start Hitfilm (as administrator or not) I get the following error:

The procedure entry point clCreateCommandQueueWithProperties
could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Drogram
FileleXHOMElHitFilm Express\Tannen.dll.

I saw somewhere that this might be an issue with Quicktime not being installed, so I installed it. I have repaired, removed, then installed HitFilm again. It still threw the same error (I think, I know it had the same title). This message was from when I reinstalled it from the latest installer available from the website.

Using Windows 10 Pro on a Mac with Bootcamp.

20H2

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,149 Ambassador

Need more info on your CPU, GPU and Ram. Check your system specs with this link for the minimum https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm-express

Not sure why if you have a Mac that you don't just download and run the Mac version? Running under bootcamp may be problematic.

Also there have been several previous discussions on the forum about Tannen.dll. Do a search for that on the forum (magnifying glass at the top of the screen) Here is one to get you started - https://community.fxhome.com/discussion/55463/the-software-wont-start-tannen-dll-issue

All that said make sure your drivers are updated - especially GPU

• shalakajoshi
    shalakajoshi Website User Posts: 0

Hi,

I just tried to install HitFilm Express and getting the same error message as mentioned above...

Using Windows8.1 (64 bit) on HP Envy 15-k101tx

Specs:

1.7 GHz Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (i believe this is 4th generation as stated in the software requirements list)

RAM; 8GB / HD: 1TB

3 MB cache, 2 cores

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M (4 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Any idea what might be causing the error??

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,863 Staff

@shalakajoshi this is typically an issue with being below spec. Although your CPU is 4th gen, I believe the minimum GPU is a UHD 5000, whereas you have a 4400. However! You also have another GPU, which should be more powerful than the 4400, so I would make sure all your drivers are updated, and that you are actually using the Nvidia GPU.