MP4 not shown (supported?) in Instagram for upload...

yichen
yichen Posts: 3 Just Starting Out
edited January 29 in HitFilm

Hi, I was trying to upload MP4 on Instagram but I can't see any of MP4 I created with Hitfilm Express in selection when I click upload in IG. I don't know what goes wrong.... Could you give some thoughts?

I'm new to use Hitfilm and have created a few short MP4 using Hitfilm. I chose preset Instagram Square and exported it. I see my hitfilm export comment says 'H.264 compressed for upload to IG'. I can't figure out which I have done wrong that no MP4 shown when I wanted to upload it in IG.

I am hoping to to use Hitfilm and share it on IG . Still so much to learn but Hitfilm seems a lot of good stuff and potential.

Thank you in advance,

Tagged:

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

@yichen

The preferred MP4 video format for Instagram is H. 264 Codec & AAC audio. The maximum frame rate supported is thirty frames per second.

The hardest part is uploading it. I usually transfer an MP4 to my phone and then upload it from there. I have never found a way to upload an MP4 directly from my PC.

Any ideas on how to do this anyone?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,062 Ambassador

@FilmSensei You can't upload to Instagram from a computer unless you look up the hack for your browser to set it to "mobile emulation mode." Because the creators of Instagram made a huge error.

Also, why I don't use it anymore.

• yichen
    yichen Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Good to see @FilmSensei here!

Thank you both of you, t is not Hitfilm to blame then....

I just found that the easiest way for me is to save my file in Dropbox on my laptop and open that MP4 in Dropbox from my phone, then choose Export to IG!