Crop out object/person

foleyproduction
foleyproduction Website User Posts: 110
Hello there,
First of all i want to thank hitfilm support and the community for giving quick answers to my previous posts.
I will make a video soon that requires to crop a character out of the rest of the video. I know there is the mask tool, but it seems that it is only possible to use a rectangle shape, what i need is a tool that goes along the shape of the character.
Ive joined a youtube link below this email showing the effect im looking for.
Is it possible ? If so, can someone explain this, because ive looked in vain for tutorials concerning this technique.
Thanx in advance for your answers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIXM356Zns

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,961 Ambassador
    Look here:
    hitfilm.com/reference-manuals/hitfilm-2-ultimate#masking.htm?zoom_highlightsub=Mask
    And here:
    hitfilm.com/reference/hitfilm-2-ultimate/index.html?mask_drawing.htm
    The freehand mask tool is below the rectangle and ellipse tools. It's supposed to look like an old-metal-nibbed pen.
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,069 Staff
    Triem's hit the nail on the head there frenchyfilm - but if you do have any further problems then we're happy to help :)
  • foleyproduction
    foleyproduction Website User Posts: 110
    Thanx for your quick replies ! Works perfectly and feel kinda stupid cos it was right in front of my eyes lol
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,069 Staff
    No need to feel stupid frenchyfilm - this is exactly why the forums work so well. We're lucky enough to have users who are experts and quick to respond. 
    Glad to hear you had a good support experience as well :)