help with transporter effect.. i know there was a tutorial but files are missing

Hi guys,

Back to making a quick real estate video like i did with the Star Wars short i did a while ago.. This time i am creating a star trek opener and need help with the transporter effect. I know an instructional video was made with the project files included but those dont seem to be available anymore. Anyone have those project files ? Thanks in advance.

Ben

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,113 Expert

@LIFE_LEADERSHIP For some reason, my browser does not want to download it. However, I right clicked on the Project File link and selected "Copy Link Address." I then opened up a new browser tab and pasted it in there. Then after hitting Enter, the Zipped Up Project File began downloading.

Here is the URL for the Video itself...

https://youtu.be/FJN1bXT2iqY

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,181 Expert

@FilmSensei Well, if that isn't a bizarre workaround! I wonder if that linking problem the forum had recently wasn't somehow on Youtube's end of things after all. They may have messed up things more than thought. BTW, worked for me perfectly like you described.

• LIFE_LEADERSHIP
    LIFE_LEADERSHIP Posts: 257 Enthusiast

Hey, that worked.. Thank you! Looking forward to sharing my Star Trek Opener. As you may recall, I did a Star Wars opener with the millennium falcon racing to earth.. That thread got hundreds of hits i think. Thanks to the incredible staff of Hitfilm gurus, I made it happen. Fortunately, I have a broker with a sense of humor, who's a sci fi nut. Look forward to sharing soon.

Ben

• FilmSensei

@LIFE_LEADERSHIP I watched that Millenium Falcon video... it was great!

• LIFE_LEADERSHIP

@FilmSensei coming from you, that means a lot🤜🤛

While I have you, quick guidance request... I am borrowing a little bit of footage from both Star Trek First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis, mainly the bridge scenes and wanted to ask you what you would do to remove and replace picard from the Captain's chair and add quick green screened footage of my broker saying a few lines...

There are pre rendered green screen clips on fb free to use of the bridge and view screen, looking from the Captain's point of view but I only found the Enterprise D ... I need the Enterprise E with crew in the shot.

My thoughts were to get a clean bridge shot with an empty captain chair, and then integrate the green screen footage.. but then I realize it may not flow with the scene I need with crew movement and lights, activity going on in background (I could mask that in later I guess)

Or, I thought of superposing green screen footage over picard in chair.. not sure about that one.. I would have to track the movements and add the footage, making it big enough to cover everything..

Or, I thought about painstakingly masking out and adding an empty Captain's chair to each frame ,rendering it then go back and add green screen footage... That's a lot of work...

What do you recommend?

• LIFE_LEADERSHIP

Forgot to mention, also thought of using clone stamp too but just not sure... Out of town at the moment and will experiment with different techniques but asking my friendly gurus on here first.. 😀

• FilmSensei

@LIFE_LEADERSHIP I think it will depend on the shot and the amount of coverage you have available.

• LIFE_LEADERSHIP

So, these will be short clips.. I need to remove picard out of captains chair so clone tool maybe? Need a couple of distant shots and then the rest will be close ups.. having hard time finding good quality shots of enterprise E bridge to add green screen footage so that's why I need the high quality video cuts.. of course this will only be used internally, no public viewing