How can I lengthen a photo or a frame in the context without overlapping on the others?

kylancrawford
kylancrawford Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out
edited January 17 in Practical Filmmaking

I am working on an animation that has 91 frames and I realized to slow it down I needed to lengthen how long a picture was shown about two seconds. However, most of these frames are in between clips and I was wondering if there was a way that I could make some of the frames longer without causing an overlap. I tried selecting all of the frames behind the one I wanted to lengthen but I was just wondering if there was a faster or better way.

Answers

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,233 Ambassador

What I think you're looking for is the Ripple Edit tool. In the Editor toolbar, it's the one that looks like a plain two-headed arrow, roughly in the middle of all the other icons. When using Ripple Edit, dragging the end of a clip to extend its length will automatically push all later clips further down the timeline.