[FEATURE] Create shapes from text.

fxhomer53551
fxhomer53551 Posts: 7 Just Starting Out

It would be nice to have this option, as the current workaround takes a lot of time because of having it to align. This feature would make text animation so much more easy.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    edited January 16

To clarify, you basically want a way to convert a Text Layer so that the individual verticies of the geometry can be altered like a mask shape?

Would you object if I re-wrote your headline and initial post? I think this might be an "ENHANCEMENT" and should be written more as I've described above... I believe, internally, that Text is actually treated as a masked plane, anyway, so trying to get direct access to the generated mask might be an somewhat easy implementation. @TheBenNorris Can you confirm or clarify? You are, of course, welcome to say "no comment" if I've speculated on something that's "proprietary." I don't think I'm EVER gonna get official confirmation on my long-running speculation that "2d" video/photo layers are actually texture-mapped polys....

Additionally, if I'm right and text IS basically a "mask" on a plane, conversion to a "Shape Layer" might be as simple (for the user) as adding a button to the text panel that says "Create as Mask." No idea how much of a pain that is for the devs.

• fxhomer53551
    fxhomer53551 Posts: 7 Just Starting Out

To clarify, you basically want a way to convert a Text Layer so that the individual verticies of the geometry can be altered like a mask shape?

Yes, that sounds correct. Basically this enhancement or feature will make each character of a word separate, keeping its original alignment properties/position properties the same. It will give us more control over the word. Example: https://youtu.be/j2ko8K_cNdk?t=48

Would you object if I re-wrote your headline and initial post? I think this might be an "ENHANCEMENT" and should be written more as I've described above...

Go ahead. No problem! whatever makes this post heard by the DEVS should be alright.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure many people would want this, It will make things much easier.