How to make a camera move on a 3D object inside a composite shot viewable in the editor timeline?

Thomekk
Thomekk Website User Posts: 105 Enthusiast
edited March 10 in HitFilm

Hey,

I made some camera movement to a 3D object inside a composite shot. And automated some things.

I can see the object moving inside the composite shot when "perspective" is selected. When "Active camera" is chosen inside the CS there is only a static picture. And I guess that's what is shown in the editor timeline.

So unfortunately the composite shot does not show any movement when it's loaded into the editor timeline. I'm sure I missed something, but I struggle what it can be?

PS.

The object itself is static, so not moving. I just wanna show the camera movement around the 3D model.

Maybe a point from where the camera starts needs to be defined first?

Tagged:

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,970 Ambassador

Pre-render the Comp.

There's a known, intermittent bug with procedural/generated media Comps not always updating correctly when embedded. Pre-renders collapse the procedural Comp to a temp video file used for playback/render.

• Thomekk

Thanks,

I did. The preview thumbnails showed up in the section after having pre-rendered. But it still kept static in the preview and after test-export.

• Thomekk

What worked was moving the 3D-model via its parameters and animating it in the CS. This is shown in the timeline. Just the question is why the camera movements are not shown.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,307 Ambassador

@Triem23 I don't get the impression that this is an embedded comp. The way I read it, it's a single comp added to the Editor timeline, with the model in that single comp.

@Thomekk Could you share a screenshot of your layer stack from the composite shot? Maybe something there will provide a clue to the problem.

• Thomekk
    edited January 16
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,970 Ambassador

Your model seems to be parented to the camera. When the camera moves, the model is being "pulled" along with the camera. This means there is no relative motion between camera and model, hence the model will not appear to move.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,307 Ambassador

@Triem23 ...the one thing in that screenshot that I forgot to check was the parent setting. Good catch! 👍

• Thomekk

Thanks gents,

then this it was what I got wrong.

Now I will have to twiddle with the camera settings I guess. It's great to have all those different views, but it still is confusing at times to get the right preview of what is happening.