Cropping the bottom off a video

fxhomer298106
fxhomer298106 Posts: 17 Just Starting Out*
edited December 2020 in Post-production techniques

Hey all, working on something here and stuck. I am working on a video for my wife and she was filming her friend but you can see her reflection on the side of the car. I cropped the video, or at least I though but I can't figure out how to "resize" or "center" the video to look right. Right now the cropped out part is a black square at the bottom. I followed the cropping video they have for hit express but don't show my issue, when they crop it it just seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert
    Accepted Answer

@fxhomer298106 You will need to adjust the Position and the Scale of your video clip to make this look correct. You might also consider using a Letterbox Effect if you think that it might be appropriate for what you are going for. Putting the Letterbox Effect on the clip will most likely not work for your purposes, but there are other ways to make that happen and get it to look exactly how you want it to. Please ask if you would like more details! 😀

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert
    Accepted Answer

@fxhomer298106 I am glad you got it worked out. If you have any other questions or need anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

Answers

• fxhomer298106

Hello, been playing around with it for the past few days. you were correct, the letterbox didn't work, or atleast I couldn't get it to work. I did follow the video that had on cropping and after doing the other stuff I understood it more., so took a while but got it to work. Thanks for your help.

• fxhomer298106

Me again, I am back to having an issue. I had it working but when i transferred but the whole video now has the black box back. Not just the one clip which I wanted it but it applied the crop to the enitre video now. Not sure how that happened. I had a good video i used a few weeks ago to help me wit this and I can find it now. I know it had me make a composite shot and then add a new layer and a plane and then you blend but I can't seem to figure it out again. Does any of this sound familiar? Thanks in advance.