Createing a video effect not sure how to mimic this style?

GarethOwen
GarethOwen Website User Posts: 227 Enthusiast

HI i was maybe thinking of doing a music video for a friend and i wanted to try and recreate this kind of effect from Linking park waitig for the end and i am going to use Hitfilm Pro and maybe photoshop as well if need be, but my aim is to try and do it in HItfilm if possible.

from looking at these, it seems to be a combination between Plexus and geometry effects. as overlays or as a displacement map. Also what i believe is like audio wave forms or maybe a bump map? But this is where i get lost. Dose anyone else have any idea or if its possible to use Hitfilm Pro without any 3rd party plugins if possible.

I watched a making of from this and they are be hide a sold backdrop also but could be achieved by either roto or removing any basic backdrops.

If anyone could share any advice that would be fantastic thank you :)

Tagged:

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,947 Staff

Someone shared an AE tutorial on more or less this exact effect (based on the big head in MMPR - forgot the name), and unfortunately uses an effect unavailable in HF.

• GarethOwen

Ah really. Dam, I know Hitfilm and AE are very similar with effects and terms so it it can be done in there then i am sure it can be done in HF no problem, :) It looks easy to do but its not lol

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,947 Staff

The reason it works in AE is that they have a very specific effect that is fundamental to that tutorial I think, I'm not sure how you would do it in HF without that unfortunately, it seems like it needs a very specific effect.

• GarethOwen

Ah damm, I will try a few alternative ways, If not it could be something to add to the user request in the up coming future no dowt