HitFilm Express crashes on startup - white screen; no response

jlocke9999
jlocke9999 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi,

I've been using HitFilm for several years, including as late as yesterday with no issue.

Today, when I tried running the program, I get a blank white screen, and nothing happens.

I updated graphic card drivers (RTX 2070), uninstalled and reinstalled HitFilm Express several times, all with no change.

This is NOT a hardware issue: running Windows 10 (64 bit), AMD Ryzen 7 (3700X), 32GB RAM.

All other software I use runs just fine.

Please help ASAP!

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,153 Ambassador

Have you made any recent changes to your system? Win10 updates have been known to revert back to a "M$ approved" driver for the GPU. You might check and make sure you have the latest driver from Nvidia not M$

• jlocke9999
    jlocke9999 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Thanks.

As I mentioned, AFTER this issue started, I downloaded the most recent drivers directly from nvidia and did a fresh install.

Doesn't seem to be the issue.

Re changes - not since yesterday when the program worked just fine (still crashes every now and then, but that's not new). Now I can't even start it. Stuck on a blank white screen forever until I manually kill it.

Please help!

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,153 Ambassador

Please submit a trouble ticket with FXHome https://fxhome.com/support

Note that Mods and Ambassadors are not FXHome staff. We are just HF users who volunteer to watch the forum. The FXHome Team and Devs will be better equipped to sort through your issue.