Hi Im new here and I think I've found a showstopper bug on my second day as a HF user.

synclab
synclab Website User Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*

Hello my name is Juan (synclab) from Mexico, I just bought the Black Friday bundle with tons of add ons, just starting on editing video and VFX, mainly an music/audio guy here. I'm very grateful that I could get all of these add ons and help a bit some charity even if I payed 69 US. As soon as I get can afford for the pro version I will jump into the band wagon. Very happy now. New things to learn.

Anyhow I started making a video simple stuff 2 video tracks, 2 audio tracks some testimonials video for a client added a titles composition template to the start of the project edited its text, deleted text on a second line, then copied the clip to another. part of the time line changed the text, changed its duration. Then returned to the clip at the start of the project to adjust the duration to reflect the second clip, and upon touching it HitFilm Crashed immediately,

Upon reopening HF (I assume it has an autosave feature) I selected the project launched it again and the second clip was missing (saved before the duplicate I've made ) just the first one was present on the timeline touched it again and bam HF vanished into thin air again. I launched it again same procedure but this time tried to select the clip by dragging select and upon touching it the app crashed again, repeated the process and deleted the titles track and saved and everything returned to normal. So this is a serious bug I closed the mac report, forgot to mention Im on a 2016 MBP 16Gb Ram with an i7 processor.

with HFExpress 15.

So I reported it here because I don't know where to do reports yet, I purchased HF 2 days ago this is my first post. SO my question is tis is this a known issue ? if it is a common issue whats the work around? if its not I hope you can address it in next version. I mean I'm doing very basic stuff here trying up title templates. Thanks in advanced. I hope this is helpful in someway. 😁

Comments

• synclab

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. have a great day.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,864 Staff

@synclab this doesn't sound familiar to me. Are you drivers all up to date and what not? That's typically my first suggestion with crashes. If you're still having issues it might be better to send the crash log to our support so they can pass it on to us devs to take a look. www.fxhome.com/ask

• synclab

I'm on Mojave not very fond of upgrading OS again will try to make it again and send the crash log...you mean the generic Mac crash log that appears right after a crash or to a HitFILM specific one? if its the latter would you please indicate where can I find it.

Als I had to change the cache to an external disk due to lack of space on my main SSD perhaps that could be the issue, will try to follow the same steps. Chances are that it could be that. but who knows. lets see above all I'm glad to help out making HitFilm a better piece of software. I'm loving it so far.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,864 Staff

I'd contact support and they should be able to help with obtaining the crash log. Sounds like the external disk could be an issue, or is potentially related at least, but I could be wrong.

• synclab

Well, after moving my cache folder to the external disk with more space, HF has not crashed once but I have used another template, not the one it crashed with. as soon as I finish this project will investigate more and report. Thanks a lot for your answer.