How do I make the editor video track images be single frame images?

davidmccamant
davidmccamant Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

My imported video clip thumbnails displayed in the video track of the editor, do not match what is shown in the viewer window. When zoomed al the way in, the editor timeline images or thumbnails show 3 frames for every image instead of 1 frame per image as in premier pro. The viewer window does match the images in the editor either. How do I set up the interface so I can do frame accurate editing or match frame editing?

Thank you for your help,

David

Answers

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Website User Posts: 301 Enthusiast

Do you mean the image in the timeline doesn't match what is in the viewer?

You can't match. Its not meant to.

• davidmccamant

Hi Evil, No. Look at the the thumbnail in the video 2 track of the editor. There are 3 frames represented by 1 image. This should be 1 frame image represented by 1 frame not 3 to 1. How do you change the settings to this?

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,043 Enthusiast

The timeline can never be zoomed in enough such that one can have one thumbnail per frame. The thumbnail is too big.

Anyway thumbnails are not intended for editing. They are just to give a very rough idea where you are in a clip. The viewer is for editing.

• davidmccamant
    edited December 2020

Thank you Norman and Evil. I'm just getting used to the interface and such. So for match edits, you simply use your clip edits then refine with on the timeline. Can you refine or move an edit point frame by frame in the editors video track timeline?

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,043 Enthusiast

Can you refine or move an edit point frame by frame in the editors video track timeline?

Yes, you will likely have to zoom in enough such that the timeline. In you max zoomed example screenshot you can the the timeline tick marks are one frame each. At that zoom it is easy to move the left.right trim edge one frame at a time. You should not have to zoom in that far.

When you drag a trim edge the viewer changes to show you the amount of your change. Here I am dragging the left edge and I have moved by one frame.