Ignite Pro crashes EDIUS X

Gocglory
Gocglory Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*

Hello!

A few days ago I downloaded Ignite_Pro_5.0.10623.10801_x64 for EDIUS. The installation went smoothly and without any problems, but when I put any of the effects on any video clip and when I want to manage that effect, EDIUS freezes or crashes immediately. It's EDIUS X, the latest update. The configuration of my PC is: Motherboard ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, GTX 1070, i7 8700K, 32 GB RAM DDR4 @ 3600. Also, I have the latest drivers for the GPU.

Will this be resolved in the future?

Thank you!

Comments

• Gocglory

Folks, is there any new update regarding my question about the instability of the Ignite Pro 5 in EDIUS X?

• Manfredze
    Manfredze Posts: 12 Just Starting Out*

Did you find any solution

I have exactly the same problem

Tanks

Manfred

• Gocglory

@Manfredze, I haven't solved the problem, although it says on fxhome.com that IgnitePro is compatible with Edius X.

I open some effect, work on it a little bit and close it. Open the same effect again, it loads a little longer and EDIUS crashes immediately.

The biggest problem is that no one seems to be reading this because no one is responding. Strange.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,073 Ambassador

@Manfredze @Gocglory

Note by "Community Support," the forum refers to Support from Community members.

Obviously no one in the community has a fix.

You should contact FXhome support.

• Gocglory

I contacted customer service immediately after posting here. Once I get a solution to the problem, I will post it here. Thanx.

• Manfredze

Seems that we are the only persons worldwide with this problem.

And especially for that I purchased the version 5..!!

The strange thing is that I have a second workstation.. With different hardware..

(ATI instead of NVIDEA) different processor...

It was set up a few months ago...

And I installed EDIUS X now (first install, no, older version ever on this computer)

and IGNITE5(also first install)

and I run into exactly same problem !!!.... What a miracle is that.!!

• Manfredze

And I also got in contact with FXhome support... 

But they just supply me with some general questions... Every 5 to 6 days.

It's really a mess... I'm terribly waiting to finish my project ...

And my time is running away

I also connected some dealers who are really experts for EDIUS

but they also fail... But I heard from them that I'm not the only user with this problem.

• Manfredze

So I still hope for a solution for the lonely two of us

Kind regards

Manfred

• Gocglory
    edited July 13

Manfred, my friend, I'm still waiting for a response from customer service of FX Home. On two occasions I was asked to remove NewBlue FX and Red Giant for a moment from EDIUS X and then give it a try. However, the same thing happens, no change. I contacted the team from EDIUS.NET and they responded immediately. They say it’s a matter for FX Home, and that they need to fix it out. From June 24th to date FX Home service contacted me 4 times. All that remained was that nothing was resolved. At least let them tell me they’re working on solving a problem or something. But no. They just tell me what to try, I try it and immediately on the same day I write that it still doesn't work. And that's it. I haven’t been contacted in six days, and I’m still waiting for a response. So much for the great support they boast about on their website ... I will let you know any change that happens. Goc.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,316 Ambassador

@Manfredze Somehow your comments above were submitted to the forum more than once (perhaps you're accidentally double-clicking the "Post Comment" button?), and the copies ended up in the spam queue. This is just a friendly warning to only single-click the "Post Comment" button to submit your comment. If you click once and it doesn't appear, please be patient and don't submit the same post again. Sometimes posts are flagged by the system for moderation, and submitting the same post multiple times just creates more work on the back end to clean it all up.

• Manfredze

@CleverTagline

Yes, that's true, but something went strange.

Just hitting the post button. But nothing happened.

20 minutes later it still wasn't posted.

So I hit the post button again (maybe twice )but also no reaction.

Then I divided my text in 3 peaces and then could post all the three parts after each other.

• Manfredze

@Gocglory

yes, hope dies last...

I also keep you informed . If there is any progress

• CleverTagline

@Manfredze

Just hitting the post button. But nothing happened.

If nothing happens after you post a comment, then chances are something in your text triggered the moderation system. Perhaps it's because your comments are all single lines instead of larger paragraphs. It's an uncommon writing style, so perhaps that flagged something internally. Whatever the case, if your comment doesn't appear immediately, then it's almost certain that it went into the moderation queue for review. Just be patient and wait for it to be moderated.

• Manfredze

hi Goc.

did you make any progress ?

fxhome support is just awfull ..getting no response anymore

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,033 Staff

@Manfredze as far as I can tell, our support team were the last people to respond and are awaiting your response, so please check the support ticket again.

• Manfredze

No, thats not right at all. I answered twice ..last time yesterday:

This is the copied text of my mails.. I think the ticketsystem is not working properly

Von: indigo - Manfred Zentsch [mailto:[email protected]]

Gesendet: Monday,09.08. 2021 15:29

An: 'FXhome.com Technical Support'

Betreff: AW: [KGK-670520]: IGNITE 5 pro always crashes with EDIUS XAn

What kind of support is this

27.07 I told you that I fulfilled all your suggestion

But no response..nothing..since then

Still cannot use you product !!!

Von: indigo - Manfred Zentsch [mailto:[email protected]]

Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juli 2021 17:21

An: 'FXhome.com Technical Support'

Betreff: AW: [KGK-670520]: IGNITE 5 pro always crashes with EDIUS XAn

Yes I did and told to support

Please see the attached mail !

Von: FXhome.com Technical Support [mailto:[email protected]]

Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juli 2021 16:36

An: [email protected]

Betreff: [KGK-670520]: IGNITE 5 pro always crashes with EDIUS X

A new response has been posted to your ticket:

Hello again,

According to our records, the last communication we sent asked you to update your drivers. Were you able to do that?

Regards,

Phil Wesson

FXhome Support

Your ticket summary:

Ticket ID: KGK-670520

Subject: IGNITE 5 pro always crashes with EDIUS X

Department: Technical Support

View ticket

You can also reply directly from within your email client.

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Posts: 416 Staff

Hi @Manfredze,

please go to https://fxhome.com/questions and respond there. Responding by email may not be sending me your responses.

• Manfredze

Hi Gocglory

Do you have a WACOM tablet installed ?

I'm not hundred percent sure... But I Deinstalled the wacom driver on one of my PCs

and the problem was gone.... Seems so until now...

Greetings Manfred

• Manfredze

For everybody who is interested, the problem concerns on an issue with the WACOM tablet diver !

In the meantime the FX-home support does admit this issue.

But the answer from support is not very satisfying :

" , it appears that tablets are not supported for Ignite Pro due to the limitations of the QT framework. However, this may be something that changes in the future"

Maybe something will change in future...!!! that really gives not much hope that the problem will be solved ☹️

• CleverTagline

In this particular case, "this may be something that changes in the future" is another way of saying that the problem is out of their control. The QT framework is (long story short) the platform upon which the application is built. If that platform doesn't support tablets, there's literally nothing that FXhome can do but wait for the QT framework developers to add tablet support. Even if/when that support is added, FXhome might not need to do anything to pass on that benefit to the end user. It might just happen automatically when the next version of Ignite Pro is assembled for release using that updated version of the framework.