HitFilm Pro Issues with Launching

Shiggles
Shiggles Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I just reinstalled HitFilm Pro 13 (can't afford the upgrade) because I was having issues. I've done this a couple times as I keep having the same problem. Every time I install it I'm able to launch it from the end of the installation screen. But when I close it and try to reopen it the normal way it blinks onto the task bar for a split second and then disappears, never opening up.

Drivers and everything is up to date. Like I said, it launches fine from the install, but fails to launch thereafter.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,446 Ambassador

@Shiggles Good that drivers are updated but please also list your system specs.

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Posts: 301 Enthusiast
    edited December 2020

Has HF 13 worked for you before?

Something I would try is uninstall HitFilm and then go clear out the various cache folders and install folders before re-installing to insure you don;t have any lingering corrupted files.

After un-installing HitFilm I'd head over here:

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\FXHOME

... and I'd delete everything there.

I have folders here from past versions of HitFilm. I use Pro now but I have left over folders from Express 4, Express 2017, Pro 2017 and Pro (used by 13, 14, 15 ...).

Then I'd head over to

C:\Program Files\FXHOME

and delete the HitFilm folder for your version of HitFilm for me it's C:\Program Files\FXHOME\HitFilm Pro

That should clear out any lingering files that might be causing issues and SHOULD NOT cause any issues.

Maybe get someone from staff or some of the better moderators to chime in here before you do this. :) I don't work for FXHome and honestly, I haven't done tech support in over a decade now so ... follow those instructions at your own risk. LOL

At least I'm not having you muck about in the registry. LOL

Something else to check is if you have any sketchy anti virus programs.

• Shiggles
    Shiggles Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I didn't list my specs because my system runs Hitfilm with no problem, always has. Like I said, I can launch it from the "start HitFilm Pro" radio button at install. But once I close Hitfilm and try to reopen it, it won't open.

I did everything EvilDaystar said, but it did the same thing. I was able to open it and mess around with a project. Once I closed the program and tried to reopen it, it wouldn't open. Ugh!!I got rid of about three different past versions of Hitfilm.

So far it looks like the only way I can use it is to reinstall it every time...that's just not right. :-(

Specs:

CyberPower PC 64 bit

Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50 GHz

32 GB Ram

two AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics cards

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,446 Ambassador

One thing that sticks out is that you have two GPU's. HF will only work with one card. You may need to assign HF manually to one card. It might be getting confused on restart. If that doesn't work I would contact support at this point. https://fxhome.com/support

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Posts: 301 Enthusiast

Yeah. I think you'll need a support call.