Separate X and Y position in value graph

markluckey
markluckey Posts: 32 Just Starting Out*

I am trying to keyframe position in HF15 and I just want to change the curve of the Y position without changing the X position. How do I Unlink them? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,693 Ambassador

At the moment, you don't.

Something for the Feature Request forum, I think. This is not an existing request there, so, would you like to make the request, or shall I?

(Mods and Ambassadors are user volunteers, not FXHOME staff, so don't think I have any "extra clout" or requests)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,693 Ambassador

Since you can't separate the X/Y parameters (or Z in 3D layers), my typical workaround is what I call an "Etch a Sketch" rig. Basically I'll use two points and animate one on X and another on Y. The hassle of splitting to two points is offset by how much additional control I get. Yes, I've gone to three points for 3D layers.

• markluckey
    markluckey Posts: 32 Just Starting Out*
    edited November 2020

Triem23, Using point layers is a BRILIANT work around. Maybe you should make the feature request I think you might have more clout than I do. I am really trying to stay away from After Effects but I keep running into little road blocks like this one. Hitfilm is great but I hope they are listening to what people are requesting.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,337 Ambassador

@markluckey ...

Hitfilm is great but I hope they are listening to what people are requesting.

If you've seen the teaser video for HitFilm 16, you'll know that they're absolutely listening to what people are requesting. 😁 It might take some time to get certain features added, but they definitely listen.