Camtrack AR not working in Blender 2.91(solved)

leviny
leviny Posts: 3 Just Starting Out
edited November 2020 in CamTrackAR

Is it just me? same file works in 2.83, but not in 2.9 or 2.91

Tested several files on 3 different iphones. Known problem? anyone else?

(edited - does work on 2.90.1, but not 2.91)

(edited - fix upcoming in next app update, see last post)

Comments

• NickDevTeam
    NickDevTeam Staff Posts: 54 Staff

@leviny Thanks for reporting this issue, we'll investigate and try and resolve this as soon as possible. Blender 2.9 is quite new, so it's possible the python API has changed a little bit and we need to update the script.

• NickDevTeam

@leviny I've just tested here in 2.90.1 and it appears to still be importing correctly?

Would you mind creating a support ticket so we can investigate this?

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

In the meantime, would you mind checking a couple of things:

1. Go to the "Scripting" tab up top, import the HitFilm AR data and see if there's any errors in the console (bottom left)?
    2. Go to "Add Ons", remove the existing HitFilm AR import script and try adding the script again from a recent CamTrackAR export.
  • leviny

Thanks for the reply! correction - does work on 2.90.1 but not on 2.91, which was released today.

No error message in script console. Tried new .py file , no change.

It imports ok, creates camera with keyframes, but they are all identical.

Above: Blender 2.91 from 11/25, windows 10, iPhone 8.

Below, Blender 2.90.1

• NickDevTeam

@leviny Thank you, I've confirmed that something has changed in Blender 2.91 and from searching online it seems the Python API has broken a few other 3rd party scripts as well. Looking into the issue now to see the best way to handle it (we don't want to break backwards compatibility).

They keep a list changes that should hopefully be useful in tracking it down (pasted here for interest).

https://docs.blender.org/api/current/change_log.html

• NickDevTeam

@leviny Found it, a slight change to the way the current frame is now changed. We should be able to push the fix in the next update of CamtrackAR but I'm looking to see if we can't host the updated script publically in the meantime to get everyone up and running with 2.91

• leviny

Excellent, thanks for looking into this.

• albertooyarvide
    albertooyarvide Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Thanks God ! I was becoming crazy watching a lot of tutorials and not getting any tracking ! I started to think my iphone or pc were faulty, now its working fine !