How many of you...

TomahawkSkills
TomahawkSkills Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

import 3D models into Hitfilm? Should I pay the $30 for the add on that lets me do that? I just started using Blender and have been using Hitfilm for a long time.

Comments

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Posts: 306 Enthusiast

I haven't yet.

It's not the type of thing I do.

That being said ... it IS 40% off so now WOULD be z good time to get it if you plan on doing stuff with 3d models.

It REALLY depends what you want to do in the future.

I'll be a bit of z traitor to HitFilm here and remind you that you CAN do video compositing inside Blender if push comes to shove.

Sure, it's nice to be able to do this in one editor but if you just need a one off VFX with 3d models ...

• iamkhanproductions
    iamkhanproductions Posts: 525 Enthusiast

I've been importing 3d models for about a year now, it's awesome but I'm still learning new things like how to correctly light models and track them in scenes.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,201 Expert

@Meridian2351 I have used Pro since about Jan 201, but only imported model a few times trying to do something learning wise until recently. The big obstacle for me was tracking. I only recently was able to track successfully in Hitfilm and lock the model to a point so now I will do more of it. With Express now, you can import the models but they comp will be watermarked and iron out those stumbling blocks before you commit to the add on pack, but really, only you can determine how much you will likely be using it and that will truly be the only metric of it's worth to you, in my opinion.

• JBaymore
    JBaymore Posts: 381 Enthusiast

Been using quite a few. I'm running Pro. The quality of the MODEL matters a lot as to success. I often process them thru Poser, Mixamo, and Blender for things like animations.

best,....... john