ūüďĘTHE BLACK FRIDAY SALE IS NOW ON! ÔĽŅ

hannahodebode
hannahodebode StaffPosts: 30 Staff

The Black Friday Sale is now on, you can save up to 52% storewide!

Among the incredible discounts on software, we've also added a brand new tier to the Pay-What-You-Want page called the FXhome Ultra Black Friday tier! Express users can look forward to a whole host of the best Express add-ons and exclusive CreatorVault stock.

We also have an upcoming release of HitFilm 16 in December, it is a massive update for both Pro and Express users. If you buy HitFilm Pro during our Black Friday sale, you get 12 months of updates, including HitFilm 16, for the lowest price of the year! To find out more about version 16, click here.

ūüĒ•ūüĒ•

PS: The Black Friday sale ends December 4th.

¬ę1

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,116 Expert

...and here is the announcement video with even more goodies listed!

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Posts: 306 Enthusiast
    edited November 2020

Do we know when 16 is coming out? My coverage ends mid December.

The voice recorder will make ADR so much simpler.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,995 Just Starting Out
    edited November 2020

Hi,

It seems that the PWYW order page is not respecting my previously purchased add-ons. Will this be fixed?

Had a chat with customer support, solved

• Benji3D
    Benji3D Posts: 75 Enthusiast
    edited November 2020

I thought 2020 was cursed.... apparently not! This is pure magic! Every time you guys announce something bigger and better, I can't stop myself from jumping around my room acting like an idiot. This was one of those times for sure!

Can't wait to see and hear more about the world's GREATEST software's GREATEST update ever!

EDIT: Does anyone know if those awesome lens flares will be available in Express?

• WhiteCranePhoto
    WhiteCranePhoto Posts: 924 Enthusiast

PBR and AAF import/export, plus HEVC... woohoo!

I'm still hoping for raw footage support, but that's enough to get me excited enough to upgrade :)

• GarethOwen
    GarethOwen Posts: 233 Enthusiast

It is me but is this right? it says i can save 1 amount but when i click on the link it says the price is different?

• GarethOwen
    edited November 2020
  • GarethOwen

is that right? because $167.25 is around 125pounds not 148 lol

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020

@GarethOwen Account for VAT

That would be my guess. But you'd also think that if it was adding VAT, that it would also be listed on the order

• GarethOwen
    edited November 2020

Yeah it says dollars all over the email, Where FXhome are based in UK, So not sure why dollars is on display front and centre on the newsletter when the main website is in pounds lol

Am sure in England when you buy stuff VAT is already added on like you know the final price is. If the VAT has been added on the dollars there is no mention of this anywhere on the site, page, website small print or even at the purchase payment page, Which could seem like a little miss informative there?

So Just wondering as if it is really 148 pounds then the renewal has went up this year compared to last year if that's right? . Oh it could be me and not clicking on the right link, Then I would look like a idoit here ha

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,628 Enthusiast

Whatever your upgrade cost says when you click upgrade software is what the price is.

FXHome Team. Thanks! I dialed up another 12 months for ya (and me). Good till 4/22.. Keep up the great work!!!ūüĎć

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020

Am sure in England when you buy stuff VAT is already added on like you know the final price is.

Yeah, thats probably true.

When i purchased a PWYW tier yesterday for HitFilm Express, VAT was visible in my email receipt, but not when placing my order:

Including VAT (at 25%): ‚ā¨6

Total: ‚ā¨30

Note that 25% is the rate in Sweden, its only 20% in the UK.

Yeah it says dollars all over the email, Where FXhome are based in UK, So not sure why dollars is on display front and centre on the newsletter when the main website is in pounds lol

Same can be said for my currency and ‚ā¨. We use Swedish Crown (SEK/Kr/:-) here not ‚ā¨.

• vanya_k
    vanya_k Posts: 141 Just Starting Out*
    edited November 2020

I don't understand how do I upgrade from 15 to 16? I want to but how do you do it, there's no links to get it.

• EvilDaystar

16 isn't out yet. It's coming out some time next month. If you buy Pro (15) now you get 1 year of updates ... so as soon as 16 comes out you can upgrade to it.

For example, I bought 14 I got 15 and if I'm lucky and they release 16 before Dec 12th (the date my one year coverage ends) , I'll also get 16 ... I doubt it will release before then so I have to decide if I upgrade now or wait. My coverage ends Dec 12th and the sale ends Dec 4th ... so if it;s not out Dec 3rd I have a decision to make. :)

• vanya_k
    vanya_k Posts: 141 Just Starting Out*

Thank you for explaining. Yes I own 15 pro and have free updates until March 2021. So does that mean that I get 16 for free?

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,202 Expert

@vanya_k Yes, and any updates (should they be released) before March 2021.

• vidslayer2020
    vidslayer2020 Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Hello,

just joined and purchased the ultra black friday deal. it comes with a separate creator vault zip file. i've downloaded it but not sure which folder it belongs in? thanks in advance.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,693 Ambassador

@vidslayer2020 anywhere you want. It's just video files.

• vidslayer2020

Yes, thank you for the response. Funny is that they are all MOV files but seem to work in program. I have older files from my video library that are .MOV that are not compatible (I get the quicktime error). I need to chase down a .mov converter. wish me luck ;)

• vidslayer2020

Actually, I found my answer already. I used windows movie maker from my windows 8.1 computer, opened the .mov and save (published) as a MP4. magic abounds! Imported into HFE, and voila. thx for the luck.

• EvilDaystar

If you need to do that again in the future. Try handbrake instead of movie maker.

https://handbrake.fr/

• Triem23

@vidslayer2020 without getting too in depth, a "file type," like "MOV," or "MP4" is a "CONTAINER." The actual scheme for compressing digital video is called a "CODEC" (COmpresser-DECompresser). A container might be able to many types of codecs. For example an "Mp4" file can hold HEVC/h.265 - which is not the mp4 codec. It's the codec that's important, not the container.

Now I don't have the CreatorVault footage in question, but it's either encoded with h.264 (which makes it mp4 in an MOV container), or ProRes, which Hitfilm has an inbuilt decoder for.

The old files that won't open are encoded in some kind of old Quicktime format. You can install Quicktime for Windows, but Apple hasn't updated QT for WIN in a decade or so. Quicktime is a little hinky, so conversion of old files (like you're already doing) is really the way to go, but that's what's happening. ūüėä

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2020

@Triem23 @vidslayer2020 @EvilDaystar

The CreatorVault video's are all ProRes YUVA 4:4:4 or YUV 4:2:2. HitFilm supports ProRes and .mov natively, which is why you're able to play them back in HitFilm. Outside of HitFilm in Windows 10, you can use VLC as your default video player. Download: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

4:4:4

General

Complete name              : C:\Users\kevin\Downloads\CreatorVault-Black-Friday-2020-Stock\CreatorVault Black Friday 2020 Stock\Diagonal_Roller_1_0520_HD.mov

Format                  : MPEG-4

Format profile              : QuickTime

Codec ID                 : qt  2005.03 (qt )

File size                : 21.8 MiB

Duration                 : 2 s 2 ms

Overall bit rate mode          : Variable

Overall bit rate             : 91.5 Mb/s

Encoded date               : UTC 2020-09-03 20:21:52

Tagged date               : UTC 2020-08-28 20:22:06

Writing library             : Apple QuickTime

TIM                   : 00;00;00;00

TSC                   : 2997

TSZ                   : 100

Video

ID                    : 1

Format                  : ProRes

Format version              : Version 1

Format profile              : 4444

Codec ID                 : ap4h

Duration                 : 2 s 2 ms

Bit rate mode              : Variable

Bit rate                 : 87.3 Mb/s

Width                  : 1 920 pixels

Height                  : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio           : 16:9

Frame rate mode             : Constant

Frame rate                : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

Color space               : YUVA

Chroma subsampling            : 4:4:4

Scan type                : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)            : 1.404

Stream size               : 20.8 MiB (95%)

Writing library             : adb0

Language                 : English

Encoded date               : UTC 2020-09-03 20:21:52

Tagged date               : UTC 2020-09-03 20:21:52

Color primaries             : BT.709

Transfer characteristics         : BT.709

Matrix coefficients           : BT.709

4:2:2

General

Complete name              : C:\Users\kevin\Downloads\CreatorVault-Black-Friday-2020-Stock\CreatorVault Black Friday 2020 Stock\Matte_Transition_25_0045_HD.mov

Format                  : MPEG-4

Format profile              : QuickTime

Codec ID                 : qt  2005.03 (qt )

File size                : 4.70 MiB

Duration                 : 3 s 3 ms

Overall bit rate mode          : Variable

Overall bit rate             : 13.1 Mb/s

Encoded date               : UTC 2020-07-17 20:18:29

Tagged date               : UTC 2020-07-12 20:18:53

Writing library             : Apple QuickTime

TIM                   : 00:00:00:00

TSC                   : 2997

TSZ                   : 100

Video

ID                    : 1

Format                  : ProRes

Format version              : Version 0

Format profile              : 422 HQ

Codec ID                 : apch

Duration                 : 3 s 3 ms

Bit rate mode              : Variable

Bit rate                 : 10.3 Mb/s

Width                  : 1 920 pixels

Height                  : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio           : 16:9

Frame rate mode             : Constant

Frame rate                : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

Color space               : YUV

Chroma subsampling            : 4:2:2

Scan type                : Progressive

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)            : 0.167

Stream size               : 3.70 MiB (79%)

Writing library             : adb0

Language                 : English

Encoded date               : UTC 2020-07-17 20:18:29

Tagged date               : UTC 2020-07-17 20:18:29

Color primaries             : BT.709

Transfer characteristics         : BT.709

Matrix coefficients           : Identity

matrix_coefficients_Original       : BT.709

• Benji3D
    Benji3D Posts: 75 Enthusiast

Got a question.

If I went Pro and my updates ran out, would new features that are available in Express (for free) come to my out-of-date version Hitfilm Pro or would I have to renew? I'm sure this one is a "duh," but thanks in advance!

• WhiteCranePhoto
    WhiteCranePhoto Posts: 924 Enthusiast

You get to keep the last version of Pro that was available when your support year runs out, so it's basically a perpetual license with a year of upgrades.

• GarethOwen
    edited November 2020

What is this The CreatorVault? do you get it when you renew of pro for another year or only is it for express users who upgrade to some of there packages?

• MrStruggling
    MrStruggling Posts: 8 Enthusiast

My existing renewal runs out in a few months. If I renew now, will the additional 12 months be added to my existing set up?

Cheers!

• Triem23

@MrStruggling yes it will. If, for sake of discussion, your current update license extends to April, 2021 a renewal today extends to April, 2022.