HitFilm 2 Express not compatiable with Windows 8 32bit

Hi, I recently upgraded my machine to windows 8, and Hitfilm no longer works. It worked previously on Windows 7, and now running it from the install folder I get "This version will not work on your PC, contact the developer". I get the same thing when I try to run a new version of the downloader.

Comments

• jobodhobo
    jobodhobo Posts: 49
    Are you on 32 bit or 64 bit?
  • 64bit, Was on Windows 7 as well.
  • jobodhobo
    jobodhobo Posts: 49
    Have you installed quick-time?
  • Perry Smythe
    Perry Smythe Posts: 8
    edited August 2014
    I hadn't, just installed it now and no difference. May be something once I restart, I'll post when I check.
    Installing Quicktime has no effect post-restart, still get the same error message.
  • Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,514 Staff
    I hadn't, just installed it now and no difference. May be something once I restart, I'll post when I check.
    Installing Quicktime has no effect post-restart, still get the same error message.

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are seeing?
    Additionally have you installed the latest driver for your Graphics card? Installing a new OS would possibly mean that you are using a Windows default driver not the official release one.
    As you have not specified what type of GPU you have I cannot link you to the correct driver for your system, but the links to the Nvidia & AMD driver websites are below.
    Nvidia Drivers
    AMD Drivers
    Thanks,
    Ady

• My Graphics Card is a Palit GTX760, I have the latest nVidia drivers running, but I'll check again and see if there are any new ones.
    Here is the error message:
    https://i.imgur.com/h1hBBz3.png
  • Ady
    My Graphics Card is a Palit GTX760, I have the latest nVidia drivers running, but I'll check again and see if there are any new ones.
    Here is the error message:
    https://i.imgur.com/h1hBBz3.png

That doesn't seem like a GPU error, what version of HitFilm do you have installed? You should be able to find this out in the Control Panel if the program won't launch.
    Have you tried removing the software & re-installing?
    When you updated to Windows 8, was it a clean install or an upgrade to Windows 7?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• Perry Smythe
    edited August 2014
    Not sure how to find what version I have in Control Panel, it's not in Add or Remove programs cos I just copied the install without properly installing it. I'll try deleteing everything and reinstalling it, but I get a similar message when opening the installer.
    The upgrade was a clean upgrade to a new hard-drive, however Windows 7 is still present on another hard-drive and I get a Dual Boot screen everytime I boot up. The Hard-drive Windows 7 is on is not being used for anything.
    I just tried adding the redemption code I got to my account and it says the code is invalid, I got a code during the promotion a while back where Hitfilm was free for a couple weeks. I assume if I get the download file the redemption code will work, but this is another problem.
    Thanks to all of you for your help.
  • Ady
    Not sure how to find what version I have in Control Panel, it's not in Add or Remove programs cos I just copied the install without properly installing it. I'll try deleteing everything and reinstalling it, but I get a similar message when opening the installer.
    The upgrade was a clean upgrade to a new hard-drive, however Windows 7 is still present on another hard-drive and I get a Dual Boot screen everytime I boot up. The Hard-drive Windows 7 is on is not being used for anything.
    I just tried adding the redemption code I got to my account and it says the code is invalid, I got a code during the promotion a while back where Hitfilm was free for a couple weeks. I assume if I get the download file the redemption code will work, but this is another problem.
    Thanks to all of you for your help.

Hi,
    Copying the installation folder will not work, you MUST run the installer package in order to install the product as it will need to write to the registry in order for the software to work correctly & this cannot be done manually.
    If you are not using the Windows 7 installation any longer you might be best off formatting that drive, but that is of course your decision.
    Are you using the Key-Code with the account (email address) that you registered with? It will only work for the account it is associated with. What does the error message say?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• The error I'm getting with the Installer says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."
    My processor is an X6 1090T Black Edition
  • Ady
    The error I'm getting with the Installer says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."
    My processor is an X6 1090T Black Edition

Have you installed a 32bit version of Windows 8? That error message should only show if the OS is not 64bit?

• Perry Smythe
    edited August 2014
    I'll probably format the drive tommorrow once I'm sure I've gotten everything important off it and try installing after that, I think the account is the one I originally registered with, it's the one associated with my email, but I hadn't used it since getting the program, so I'll try and find out if there's another account.
    Oh, I guess I did somehow get the 32bit Windows 8. Is there an easy way to upgrade to the 64bit version or do I have to Clean Install?
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,065 Ambassador
    Unfortunately, you're going to have to do a clean install--the OS is the foundation for everything else, and 32/64-bit addressing is a core function.
    The only other option is to install 64-bit on your system and set up a "Dual-Boot" function. But that's using twice as much drive space to hold two copies of the OS. Better to do a clean install. Sorry about that.
  • Perry Smythe
    edited August 2014
    Ah well, better get ready to transfer all my stuff again. Thanks for the help.
    Just finishing up a 64Bit install and Hitfilm now works fine after putting my serial code, thanks a lot for the help guys.
  • Ady
    Ah well, better get ready to transfer all my stuff again. Thanks for the help.
    Just finishing up a 64Bit install and Hitfilm now works fine after putting my serial code, thanks a lot for the help guys.

No worries, glad to help, sorry it wasn't quite the answer you wanted but at least you're up & running now.