HF Physics V1.6.5 testing thread

CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
edited August 2014 in General
Hey! So I know some of you guys watched the thread in support about null points. The project has evolved allot since it's inception! Basically I am working on making an executable project that will send data in a format so that the software Rgbii wrote can transfer it into hitfilm! Now this is a thread will document the development of my part of the system! I am fairly limited in my coding but I want to make sure things are easy and intuitive for you! So please if you get the chance please please download my beta releases and test them out and tell me what needs fixing, and what features and such you wished it had!
The project development folder can be found at tiny.cc/hitfilmphysics ! Thanks!
Version 1.0.0 (temporarily removed due to a fatal error)
Tuesday July 29
@ tiny.cc/hitfilmphysics v1.0.0
This is the first version I think people will be able to use! This is really beta ish, I haven't even worked on the data recording code, my current focus is the interface! If you open the software up you will see a simple simulation. Basically to test this I want you to try and figure out what all the buttons do! Also try to create a different simulation. Also their is a bug with mouse interaction. The only limitation is that the top right settings do not do anything yet, and the record button doesn't really do what it's supposed to. If you can give me feedback on the following things that would be great!
1. Do all the buttons make sense?
2. Can you figure out how to move an object?
3. Is it easy for you to input data into the parameters?
4. Are their any settings you are Un familiar with?
5. Did anything happen counter to how you expected it to?
6. Bugs?
7. Any features tools or requests that you want to see added?
8. Use the software to create a completely new simulation! Post a screenshot if possible. However if you are getting frustrated with the system stop the software and tell me why.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    So I see this is a physics-related thing, but what kinds of things am I supposed to be able to do here? Is this for generating physic-based animation keyframes to import into Hitfilm and connect an object to?
  • CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    edited July 2014
    Yes. I'm trying to see how intuitive it is by what people can figure out on their own, but their is a way to change the simulation.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    Ok, first I want to make certain what's happening.
    When I open the software, you have a sim set up with two cubes, ground and a see saw--so, if I exported right now, I should get nulls for all these objects that I could bring into Hitfilm and attach objects to, correct?
    First Impressions: I wasn't able to move objects. I assumed click/drag, but it might be your dialog buttons that I have to use... Input in the number fields, yes? I called up the context menua, but, when I changed a setting from Cub to Sphere, the existing sim vanished--is that supposed to happen?
    [quote name="Triem23" post="44770" timestamp="1406707481"]First Impressions: I wasn't able to move objects. I assumed click/drag, but it might be your dialog buttons that I have to use... Input in the number fields, yes? I called up the context menua, but, when I changed a setting from Cub to Sphere, the existing sim vanished--is that supposed to happen?[/quote]
    No that isn't supposed to happen.... And it doesn't happen when I test it hmm.
    Yes drag ability would be extremely nice, however 3d space is as difficult as I ca get out to interact with. Since the mouse is technically just on the x y axis and not really a z one..... It is frustrating.
    And yes when it is done.... Actually you probably could export just one of the cubes by pressing f12 to start then f12 to stop cause I forgot to take out the test code. But anyway in the future when the recording button is blinking it will record the data then when it is stopped it will write the data in a format so that Rgbii can translate it.
    Oh! I have a huge bug that is causing this.... Let me fix it.
    Ok! Sorry for the delay, turns out I had a huge bug that somehow escaped my view. Basically the issue boiled down to that text doesn't update itself when it's not visible, however it took forever to find it was that, and multiple admin chats. But it's fixed!
    I have also added support for tab, enter, negative numbers, and decimals. And added more things! Now every button and parameter works excluding width and height, and record. Also after alllllloooottt of math and work objects and windows are now dragable on the d and y axis. You only need to hold the mouse down on them for a short time.
    Now here is the info for the new version.

Version 1.5.0
    Tuesday August 6 @ 11 : 30 pm
    @tiny.cc/hitfilmphysics150
    The focus here is performance. Currently I am hitting hard on that. As a result you can only have up to 20 cubes. If you are willing to help here are some things you can do to help. As of now I still haven't put the recording function together, so the goal now is just to create a simulation you might want to use in hitfilm.
    1. Launch it and choose settings that are regular on your computer
    2. Use the tools and parameters to create a simulation of your own.
    3. Their is a text box that says "frame rate" this is actually displaying the time the game thinks has passed. If you could report to me about how behind it is per second that would be awesome. Also knowing your computers ram would be great too.
    4. Write up a post with your info. Comments, and if you could tell me if something didn't work as expected, or if a button you would use in other software didn't work I'm this one, or if I need add feature.

I apologies for any typos it is really late! Also I can talk with the zero guys tomorrow so please please test it and give feed back as soon as humanly possible, it's URGENT!
    Thanks!

Whoops! I just realized tiny.cc is case sensitive the link should be tiny.cc/HitfilmPhysics150
    Version 1.6.5
    @ tiny.cc/hitfilmphysics
    This version corrected performance by a long shot, you can now have up to 98 objects if your computer can handle it. Also I added a hover feature so you can see what cube you are on. Their are 2 main bugs in this one.
    1. When you load the game you should click on a cube and wait for its window to load then close it then wait 2 seconds.
    2. Box 6/5 can and will never exist it is a huge bug that I think is a result of the engine and will not be fixed. This means object ammount will be 1 off.
    Also the record buttons and screen width and height don't work. Please report if you test.
    1. The approximate time it took for it to load a cubes window completely
    2. The approximate usual number in the current time text
    3. Your amount of ram
    4. Did the visible and ghost buttons for the cubes work.
    Thanks!
    [attachment=1030:image.jpg]