"The render process crashed. Please try again" error message

mirametzler
mirametzler Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hello, maybe you had the same issue before..

I am stuck in this error when I try to export. "The render process crashed. Please try again". I tried several times with same result.

I noticed it always stops at the same timestamp, but with no details about the error message I don't know where to start fixing the problem. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,571 Ambassador

Let's start with your system specs. CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage?

What are you doing in your project? SPECIFICALLY where it's crashing? There's a big difference between, say, a gaming montage with a few cuts and speed ramps vs a 3D virtual set with models, particles and greenscreened characters.

• EvilDaystar
    EvilDaystar Website User Posts: 301 Enthusiast

1- Clear out your cache.

On Windows they are normally found around here.

C:\Users\{your computer login}\AppData\Local\FXHOME\{your version of hitfilm}\cache\Media

2- update your video drivers

3- restart your computer.

• LKRISS
    LKRISS Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Hello, I have almost the same problem, but the error occurs in different % of export. Sometimes it is 27, 44, 77%, but I have never managed to do it all.

I tried everything that you proposed before, (also reload all project, clear cach etc.) but noto avail.

Any idea how to fix it? I will add that I did not have such problems before. I've been trying for 2 days now, but without success.

Now, when I try to split a file, sometimes it will do the export correctly and sometimes it will the same error "The render process crashed. Please try again" without giving details. Is there an error log available somewhere?

CPU while rendering 70-80 C, 30-50 % used

[GPU] Nvidia geForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB GDDR6 [CPU] AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core [MB] Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [RAM] Patriot Viper Steel 16GB (2x8) DDR4 4400MHz CL19 [PU] Thermaltake Litepower Black 700W [HDD] WD 240GB M.2 SATA SSD (WDS240G2G0B), SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 2,5" (ST2000LM015), SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 3,5" (ST2000DM006) [OS] WinX x64

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,005 Just Starting Out
    edited November 2020

@LKRISS

Create a copy of your project file and store it safely before doing this...

Depending on current drive configuration, it may not be feasable for you to do this, since losing directory paths to media files is always time consuming to solve if they're not similar to begin with.

What happens if you set your drive configuration to the following?

In HitFilm -> File -> Options -> Cache -> Cache & Cache Database -> Select the drive letter which is the drive that's not your OS or Media files

File -> Options -> Export -> Export directory -> Select the drive letter which is not your OS, Cache, Media files

Ideally, the configuration should be OS & Media = SSD / Cache & Database = 3.5" / Export = 2.5"

16 GB RAM for a project like that, to me, looks like it's not enough. The above drive configuration may help alleviate the issue some?

• LKRISS

Thx, it worked :)

List of another error. But the file is ok. There were no problems with uploading to YT in 4K :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PZGDSbd_I

• [Deleted User]

@LKRISS Audio issues is not something ive researched much. But none the less, since it appears to be a seperate issue, feel welcome to start a new thread regarding that issue, as to not clutter this one by adding more issues on top.

• LKRISS

I did not find any audio errors in the final file, so I close the case.

Thanks again for your support and suggestions.

• [Deleted User]

@LKRISS Well ok. Glad i could help. Sometimes its the simple solutions that work.

• fxhomer248732
    fxhomer248732 Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi everyone. I came to this page with exactly the same problem. I was really starting to panic that I'd never get the job done. Then a friend who works as a sound editor suggested my GPU might be getting hot. Somewhat clutching at straws, I hoovered out the PC and its vents.

It's worked flawlessly ever since!

I hope others can benefit from this simple fix.