Is there a way to create a placeholder on the Viewer Screen for a specific track?

fxhomer92868
fxhomer92868 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I need help in creating some type of placeholder on the Viewer Screen so that each picture added to the Video 2 track will automatically fit into that same placeholder. What I am really trying to do is to have a box for Video track 1 on the right side of the screen and a box for Video track 2 on the left side of the screen into which I can load pictures or slides from a PowerPoint presentation. My problem is that each time a drop a picture on the Video 2 track timeline it shows up in the center of the Viewer Screen. I have not found a way to: 1) set a rectangle placeholder for Video Track 2; or 2) Select and resize all the pictures on Video Track 2 timeline at once so they all appear at the same place on the Viewer Screen. I expect there is an easier way to accomplish this than to resize and re-position each picture separately and try to get them exactly alike.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,689 Ambassador

Make a Comp Shot for your "Viewer 2" and drop that on the Editor Timeline. Reposition/resize the embedded comp. Drop new media clips in the comp and they'll be resized in the Editor.

• fxhomer92868
    fxhomer92868 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I wish there was a way to insert into Video Track 2 a PowerPoint presentation (with successive line reveals on some slides) and control the timing of the slide and reveal changes according to the progress of Video Track 1. Is that possible?

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,201 Expert
    edited November 2020

@fxhomer92868 There may be a workaround to do that. I cannot recall off the top of my head if Powerpoint lets you export a slideshow as a video or not, if so that can be treated like any other media file in Hitfilm. If not, you could use a screen capture program like ActivePresenter (free) to capture the slide show as it runs with the timings you desire and then export that as a media file. I usually export them as MP4 myself when I make those quickie little video answer forum question things. Hope that gives you some ideas.