Need Help! Can't Export?

fxhomer274922fxhomer274922 Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out
edited October 25 in HitFilm

So I've finally finished editing my first video (usually I just transfer from Twitch to Youtube).

This included adding new audio, fade out effects, and text; all thing's I've never done before.

..And now the Export option is greyed out? Please help?

Comments

• DylPickleDylPickle Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

I just finished a video I had been editing for two days and went to export it, but instead, this is what I got:

I can't even click the export button, and pressing Ctrl+3 also did nothing. Does anybody know a way to fix this or perhaps know the cause to this? I've never had an issue such as this one with Hitfilm until tonight.

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,182 Moderator

@DylPickle Are you certain that your project is loaded on the Editor timeline or you have a Composite open? The only way I can get Export to be grayed out like that is if they are empty. FWIW, I have never used the Export shortcut in the File Menu myself; I always use the Export functions at the top right hand of the timeline which is shown around 15 seconds into this little video I made a while back. Hope this helps you get going again.

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,928 Enthusiast
    edited October 25

Hi,

Are you pre-rendering something in the media bin?

Are you logged in and activated?

Have you tried saving your project and restarting and see if it works then?

• EvilDaystarEvilDaystar Website User Posts: 211 Enthusiast

Try clicking here and select add to export ... contents.

Then go to the export tab under your viewer to start the export. I've nwvwr used the "export" option in the menu.

Let us know if that works.

@fxhomer274922 @DylPickle I have Moved the thread from General into this one in Community Help as they are exactly the same issue with exactly the same solution. I just tested and the export link in the File Menu stays grayed out even if there is a project on the timeline unlike what I initially thought. The recommended procedure is what @EvilDaystar shows in the above screen and what shows in my video link around 15 secs. Hope this is okay with all.

• fxhomer274922fxhomer274922 Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Seems to have worked! Thank you!

edited October 25

Curious if someone could explain why that worked if File -> Export didn't? Basically if you have a task running HitFilm won't let you export, perhaps adding it to queue circumvents that, or also cancels any tasks e.g pre render, or maybe it was locked in a running state in the thread, which indicates a bug.

Knowing more about this would help understanding exporting issues that come up in the future.

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,566 Staff

@kevin_n I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the reason the option is greyed out for @fxhomer274922 is because the timeline is not currently selected.

@TheBenNorris Yes, that worked for me. The project I had active was a Composite shot and even if I clicked to move the cursor there it stayed grayed out but when I dropped that Composite on the Editor the button went live. Thank you for the explanation. I was totally wondering what it was for😀

That could be it. I could have swore that I tested both, but it makes sense it wants to see the editor timeline when exporting.