New Release: Imerge Pro 8 is NOW LIVE!

hannahodebodehannahodebode StaffAdministrator, Website User Posts: 16 Staff

We have an exciting new release, Imerge Pro 8 is officially live.

Version 8 has been jam-packed with wonderful new features such as a Healing Brush Effect, Clone Stamp effect, Color grading tools and more!

Learn more about the update over on the blog

Download the release here

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,923 Enthusiast

I have been following the development of Imerge Pro, and the longer I think about it the more I want it within my budget frame.

All things considered, neither HitFilm or Imerge are expensive given what they offer, compared to the mainstream. But Express being a version which allows me to pay a little at a time as my interest and skill grows is an intriguing concept.

I have 2 questions

Will Imerge see an Express version, or will HitFilm Express see an add-on which adds integration with Imerge Pro? Both are interesting to me. It's something that'd make a lot of sense considering the built in integration with HitFilm is a very powerful tool to have.

Also considering HitFilm Express used to be a paid product, I'm sure that there are ways that you can think of to make either of those happen. :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

Ah, I had the opportunity to beta test Imerge 8 and the new clone stamp/healing brush tools are fast, responsive and a welcome addition to the toolset.

The new Dynamic Contrast tool is great for selective detail, and it's REALLY useful with the HDR merge from Imerge 7, if you want to go for that "Crunchy" HDR look.

The updated Text is great! being able to combine different fonts in a single block really cuts down on additional layers if doing things like movie poster designs!

The split toning effect has a nice color wheel interface that's nicer to navigate than the tool in some competing products where you just have two swatches and a slider.

Gradient Mapping is fun for wild effects (Hint - Predator vision). I don't think the preview video on the blog truly shows the power and joy of that effect!

Imerge has come a long way in two years!

• StevenSpicerStevenSpicer Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 35 Staff

@kevin_n Thanks for the feedback. I'm afraid we don't have an answer for you at present on whether these may come about, but we'll take both of these ideas on board in our future planning. I'd advise you keep your eye on Imerge as it develops to stay up-to-date in the case that something like this does get implemented.

@Triem23 The Gradient Mapping tool is versatile for sure! The color grading implications alone when paired with different blend modes has been working wonders already. We've been having a lot of fun with it! We can't wait to see what we can bring to the table over the next two!

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,945 Enthusiast
    edited October 22

I decided to check this out. Is the trial limited in the image size it can edit?

I immediately get an insufficient graphics memory dialog when I click/enable the denoise feature. 18MP image (Canon 7D, EOS M). Turning it back off does not help. Some sort of point of no return.

My machine minimal spec list.

Windows 10, i9 9900K, 32GB ram, GTX 1080 8GB ram (current driver).

A couple of different apps that report GPU resource consumption show on 10.8% GPU ram in use at the time of the error.

edit: As long as I avoid the "content" denoise feature I'm okay.

• SamuelMorrisSamuelMorris Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 72 Staff

Hi @NormanPCN could I get you to create a support ticket about this? It would be useful if you could first reproduce the issue, and then attach Imerge's log file which can be obtained by either hitting Ctrl+Shift+O and clicking "reveal log files" or by directly going to "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\FXhome\Imerge Pro", the file will be called log.txt.

It doesn't sound like it is really a lack of memory issue, and the trial of Imerge doesn't limit the image size at all.

• MichaelJThompsonMichaelJThompson Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out

Having removed IP7, I have tried to install Imerge Pro 8 several times but when I start it, I get the attached message. Not sure how to deal with it as IP7 works fine. I have uninstalled, closed down the machine, started again and re-installed to no avail. So, for the time being I am back with OP7.

• Lars_HLars_H Website User Posts: 78 Enthusiast

I get exactly the same message but I have no earlier version installed.

I am trying to install the demo.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

@MichaelJThompson @Lars_H

This is a Windows error relating to a bad C++ Redistributables installation.

Download link should be found in this answer thread.

• DeweakDeweak Website User Posts: 174 Enthusiast

I'm a bit disappointed to see iMerge Pro 8 is released the day after my yearly subscription ends, and there are still unfixed bugs in V7...

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,566 Staff

@Deweak sorry to hear that the release was at a bad time for you, but rest assured this was obviously not intentional in any way.

Do you have a list of these bugs so we can look into them if possible?

• DeweakDeweak Website User Posts: 174 Enthusiast

My laptop is a MSI i7 with a RTX 2060 (6GB) and 16GB RAM and I always get "low memory" when trying to work on RAW images from a 12Mpixels camera, and I still have issues with the cropping tool (it doesn't work at all or can't extend to the whole image)... Finally, when I don't need to work on RAWs I often endup editing my stills in Hitfilm, which is my favorite tool for... everything !

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,566 Staff

@Deweak ah, this bug. This is something I've been personally testing and we are trying to get a fix for as soon as we can.

• hannahodebodehannahodebode Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 16 Staff

The winners of the International Photography Awards have been announced! What do you guys think?