Using Action Essentials 2 with tracking in Hitfilm Express 2

Is it possible to use Action Essentials 2 with the 2D tracking tool in Hitfilm Express 2? Because I can track an object in the scene and put an effect from hitfilm on it, but I can't figure out how to put something from Action Essentials (like a bullet hole, burn mark, etc.) on the tracking in the composite layer. If you would help that would be great! 

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    In general, it is always best to apply your tracking data to a Point layer.  Then, you can parent any other layer, including stuff from Action Essentials, to the point.  Once parented to the point, the layer will follow the tracked movement.
  • CalebK
    CalebK Posts: 435
    Once you got your point tracked name it something memorable then go to your footage and by its name their is a menu use it to parent it to the point. Then go to your footage and set it's position and rotation to 0 and your all set. Remember hitfilm thinks about tracking in a 2d sense so if the camera is tilted then you need to tilt the footage. If the camera move that is happening is to complex then I would advise using mocha hitfilm. Also make sure to do some grading and edge hiding to make it look good!
  • Thanks that's helpful!