[FEATURE] Mesh Warp

alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 450 Enthusiast

Pretty straight forward, Mesh warp for Hitfilm 🙂

Surprised I couldn't Find it on the list already.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,288 Ambassador

Just the Bezier Warp (a related feature). Oh, and the Puppet tool. Not as quick to use as Mesh Warp, but you can fiddle similar results.

Agreed, a dedicated Mesh Warp would be nice.

• alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 450 Enthusiast

Yah, bezier, quad and puppet, all can be made to work, more or less, But I was watching a AE tutorial and was looking to see if I could manage it in hitfilm, and discovered that I would have to use a workaround with masks and bezier.

• Jack7593859Jack7593859 Website User Posts: 15 Just Starting Out

The mesh warp effect uses a grid to distort footage and this could be useful to hide a cut where you can align the two clips. As though there is the puppet effect, I feel that each pin effects too much of the clip as the mesh warp would only affect its grid area.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,288 Ambassador

@Jack7593859 your thread has been merged with this older thread requesting the same feature.

So go click "Vote Up" at the top of this thread.