[ENHANCEMENT] - Don't stop playback on keypress unless spacebar

EvilDaystarEvilDaystar Website User Posts: 215 Enthusiast

I hate it when Hit Film stops playback because I tried to move a scrollbar forward or clicked on a panel. Playback should stop and start with the spacebar only.

Pretty much every other editor works this way ... or at least every editor I've used.

Comments

• Clarm060Clarm060 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hey I agree with this, I wanted to switch all of my editors to this, but this seems to be a huge pet peeve with them. I understand how it could cause the app the crash if you end up removing stuff or make major changes to elements. But at lest give us a button on the viewer to disable it on click if needed if we are tweaking audio, colors, or small things. All other editors allow this in some compacity. Also maybe a notification that enabling this could cause application freezes or crashes if major elements are removed from your timeline, when enabled you will only be able to tweak controls and audio but you will not be able to add or remove any elements from the editor.

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 939 Enthusiast

I agree its so annoying when you even turn up the volume on your computer. Simple things like that. I think this is a code thing back in the caveman era but now code has gotten better. So hopefully this can be sorted out quickly