New Light Leaks Pack - Lens FX Prism!

RodyPolis
RodyPolis Website User Posts: 612 Just Starting Out*
Hey guys, I'm back with a new FX pack! The pack is called Lens FX Prism, and it contains 100+ light leaks and lens flare overlays. You can check out the promo below for some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcofj0gHrE
As always, Hitfilm users can get 15% off with the discount code: hitfilmbuyers
You can learn more about the pack here: http://www.rodypolis.com/lens-fx-prism-light-leaks.html
If you have any questions, let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,085 Staff
    Nice pack Rody :) 
    I saw elsewhere that you said your first purchaser was called Jesus. Definitely a sign! I'll be interested to hear more about how well you're doing with this pack because light flares is usually a pretty popular choice. It adds more of a professional look almost immediately! 
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,810 Ambassador

Nice pack Rody :) 
    I saw elsewhere that you said your first purchaser was called Jesus. Definitely a sign! I'll be interested to hear more about how well you're doing with this pack because light flares is usually a pretty popular choice. It adds more of a professional look almost immediately! 
    Mild amusement here... Of course, in the pre-digital era, flares, leaks and dirt were horrible things to be avoided. Light leaks meant UNprofessional looking! Now, of course, we have digital effects to recreate all those flares, leaks and dirt the early masters of cinematography tried to avoid!
    Rody--looks good!
  • RodyPolis
    Thanks! The response so far has been great, and I can't wait to see more people start using the product in their videos.
    Yes, Triem, funny how that works! In 20 years I'll be selling Rolling Shutter FX, so people can get that authentic DSLR look!
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    Yes, Triem, funny how that works! In 20 years I'll be selling Rolling Shutter FX, so people can get that authentic DSLR look!

I'd buy that, you never know when you need a little wiggle ;)
    I really like these effects. How did you make them? was it done within hitfilm? Or did you do this practically?

• RodyPolis
    These were shot practically. Basically you need a lot of glass, flashlights, water, and a dark room. It's quiet the experiment!
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,810 Ambassador
    Thanks! The response so far has been great, and I can't wait to see more people start using the product in their videos.

Don't forget--you'll have to encode "Jell-O" for 1/6" sensors (Phones) up through 1/3", 2/3" (Broadcast cameras), Micro 4:3, APS-C, APS-F, Full-35 (DSLRs) and the larger sensors on REDs. Also, you need to set "Scan Direction" to properly simulate holding your phone vertically or upside down! ;-) You can make it a Hitfilm and AE plug-in. ;-)
    Sounds like you probably had some fun shooting the light leaks, with most of the tedium being sorting the footage. Some of the demo shots have lens dirt. Did you dirty up your glass and shoot through that, or is that single effect Hitfilm Lens Dirt?

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,085 Staff
    It's a side note, but going onto your website, I really like the fact that you have a 30 day money-back guarantee. 
    That is what would give me the green light to buy it, personally. 
    It's really giving the user confidence that you think these effects are worth that amount of money. Nice :)
  • RodyPolis
    Triem, the dirty lens effects were made by filming various dusty things though a piece of glass.
    Good to hear that Kirstie! Didn't have the warranty in the beginning years of the company, but then realized that I really didn't want someone's money who didn't actually like their purchase. Plus like you said, it increases customer confidence, which is always great!