360 Titles in Hitfilm Express

jaytruesdale
jaytruesdale Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Is there a way to make text or images work in 360 in Hitfilm Express? I've got the 360 plugin and that works great for equirectangular video, but adding text gets distorted in 360. I'm hoping for something like the Premiere "Plane to Sphere" effect... Anything like that other than exporting to another program?

Thx -J

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    edited October 2020

You might need your text in a comp on top of your BG plate. I'm not on a computer to test this.

Create your text in the dead center of your comp. Add the 360-degree Video Transform effect to the text. You should be able to use that effect to move your text around the 360 field.

If you now embed this comp in your main comp and add the 360 viewer the text should be appearing correctly as you rotate your camera in the Sphere.

Or, there's a 360-degree text effect. Even with that you'll probably want to add the 360-degree Video Transform effect to move it around.

• jaytruesdale
    jaytruesdale Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

HI Triem, I tried to get it to work but could not. In the end I created non-animated titles in Affinity (like Photoshop) in 360 mode and exported out the equirectangular jpgs. Not an elegant solution, but it got the job done and no one is the wiser.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador

As long as it worked, right? Any tool that gets the job done is the right tool. 😁