Program crashes due to new composite shots

fimax
fimax Website User Posts: 12 Just Starting Out
edited September 2020 in HitFilm

Hello guys,

I´m a little frustrated at the time because almost every time when I want to create a new composite shot in Hitfilm Pro 15, the program crashes with the message: We´re sorry. Hitfilm Pro encountered a problem...

It can´t be a matter of the hardware. I´m editing a tiny project in 720p right now and I also create a lot of projects in 4k. There were almost no problems at all in the past but since Hitfilm Pro 15 I experience these problems with the composite shots. By the way, I only have this issue when working on Windows.

The problem only occurs when I create a composite shot from the layer itself. (I rightclick the layer in the timeline and choose "Make Composite Shot")

Does anyone have the same problem with creating new composite shots?

Is there anything in order to prevent Hitfilm from crashing concerning this issue?

I would really appreciate if you could help me or at least if you could explain the problem.

Tagged:

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,149 Ambassador

@fimax Please list your system specs and make sure you have updated your drivers, especially GPU.

• fimax

@Stargazer54 I´m using an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and an Asus Arez Strix radeon vega 56. I recently updated my drivers due to an issue concerning resolution on my monitor.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,149 Ambassador

Hmm.. I would think your GPU is fine but if I am reading things correctly your cpu is 2nd Gen. HF min specs call for 4th Gen. Could be the CPU? I assume you are on Win 10 and you have sufficient RAM? 4GM is bare minimum but 8 GB is recommended (which is still really minimum if you want multiple layered comps on the timeline.

You might have to fall back from HF 15 and try an earlier version. Those can be found here: https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-express/whats-new

Scroll down and maybe give Ver. 13 or 14 a try.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,561 Ambassador

@Stargazer54 I'm not that up on AMD but the Ryzen 7 2700x is a 2018 processor, roughly equal to an i7 7700. Should be fine. The GPU benches roughly equal to an Nvidia 2060.

@fimax I think this is a known issue that has been fixed internally that will be released in a future update. If it's what I'm thinking, you've already added effects before converting to a comp, correct?

• fimax

@Triem23 Yes, at first I apply my color grade on to the clip in the timeline. But it´s a good idea to try it without them.

@Stargazer54 Thanks for your research! I think that´ll help me.

• fimax

I just want to mention that it worked, when I created a new composite shot out of a clip in the timeline with no effects on it.